Which Moogerfoogers to keep or sell?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
BobbyD-NYC

Which Moogerfoogers to keep or sell?

Post by BobbyD-NYC » Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:27 pm

Hello Friends.....I am an old dude turning 60 this year and decided to get back into recording and gigging after taking 6 years off due to a bad accident that left me with a traumatic brain injury and really need to relearn everything. I was going to sell all my gear but decided to give music one last go around and have a pretty dope collection of gear. I have been a semi pro blues rocker for over 45 years and bought my first guitar after see Led Zeppelin at Madison Square Garden in 1977 bo been at this a long time. I also love electronic music. Shpongle is one of my favorite bands to give you an idea where my head is at musically. So going to set up a new studio and give this one last go

I have Ableton Live 9 still installed on my 7 year old Imac which at the time I maxed out with memory etc. I am open to starting fresh and getting an Imac Air and plug into a monitor at home.

My Moog gear is

Sub 37
102 Ring Modulator (brand new in box from sweetwater)
103 Phaser (brand new in box from sweetwater)
108m cluster controller (brand new in box from sweetwater)
104M super delay,
CP-251

I also dig using software VSTs in Ableton like Omnisphere and triggering those using my Fishman Triple Play midi controller.

Initially I bought the MoogerFooger pedals thinking I was going to use them in a guitar pedalboard. Now I realize these pedals are just too heavy for me to lug around on a pedal train board with power supplies etc. So I will NEVER use them on my guitar pedal board. I do love electronic music and just was reading these pedals play nicely with Moog synths and I dig anything weird and outside the box.

So I guess my question is this. I am relearning everything and spent only about a month with the sub 37. I now see the Matriarch is out and I am digging it's vibe. Just wondering if that is a better synth for live experimentation than sub 37? . If so, which moogerfooger pedals do I sell or keep that play nicely with either the Sub 37 or Matriarch? I do not need redundancy and really do not know if I need all 4 moogerfooger pedals. The 104M delay is open box so I don't mind playing with that but the other 3 pedals are brand new so if I sell I want to keep them in opened boxes. Also, is the CP-251 something I would use with a Sub 37 or Matriarch? I honestly do not remember my intention for buying that piece of gear. I could sell the 102, 103 & 108m & CP-251 and have enough money for the Matriarch and still have the 104m delay and the sub 37. Just very confused at the moment and would greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks so much

Stay thirsty my friends🙏

Bob

FeelinDank

Re: Which Moogerfoogers to keep or sell?

Post by FeelinDank » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:09 pm

Did you end up selling any? Honestly, I would not sell any. Use them at home / have fun at home with them. I think gigging with that many is overkill. I’d take the 104 Super Delay and most likely the 102 (or maybe the 103 instead) to live gigs.

The Matriarch is cool synth which is more live-orientated. The Sub 37 is also cool but offers tons of features which might be too subtle for live use.

Acid Mitch

Re: Which Moogerfoogers to keep or sell?

Post by Acid Mitch » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:33 am

I'd keep them all for synths.