What type of Moogerfooger should Moog make next?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!

What type of Moogerfooger should Moog make next?

Single Oscillator tone generator w/ Envelope Generator / Guitar Synth
20%
Chorus/Flanger unit (although the murf is pretty good at sounding like one)
8%
CV Sequencer
45%
Multimode filter (LP/HP/BP/Notch)
12%
A nice colorful Parametric EQ
7%
Fuzz/Overdrive/Distortion-centric pedal of some sort
8%

Total votes: 60

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:36 pm

EricK wrote:They could definately squeeze in more room if they consolidated the switches and the stuff on the front panel. I don't think that we can have enough Moog Logos though.

Im not a huge user/fan of MIDI so I could do without that but it would be nice.

I coudl even do with a Spacing and resonance in, or a gate input for the MODE, if you wanted to get wicked with it. That would surely add to the cost.

I would hope that the waveshape is continuously variable.

Put all those inputs on the top of the unit would be nice, because the front already looks very nice and vintage, but Id personally prefer a front access interface.

The demos of the software version of this actually sound awesome. If they built this they would certianly null and void the reasons to buy the software version lololololololololol.

Eric
I could live without the MIDI, but I figure it'd be easy to implement it, and would probably attract more people to it that way. The one thing about the I/O is that if they put it on the top (desktop format) they'd also need to design it in a way to make it so you could move them all to the back (rackmount format). otherwise you'd have to sacrifice several rack spaces above the unit in order to use it. Seems it'd be alot easier to keep it all on the front panel, they could make it tidy. +1 on the Moog Logos :)
www.ctrlshft.com

LivePsy

Post by LivePsy » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:46 pm

From the replies on this thread, I suspect there are 2 types of Fooger buyers. There's the analog synth guys who see the modular elements in them, and there's the stomp box people who can see the beneift of adding analog synth modules to their setup. Personally I'm a synth guy but the Foogers are too stomp box to be fully useful to me.

I'd like to see a completely modular expansion box. Much bigger than a Fooger. Use it to expand a Voyager, or provide the Fooger elements as completely modular parts. I imagine a vco or 2, VCF, env, rm, phaser, spring reverb, delay. And rows of 1/4 sockets to patch them together. I think a small tribute to Moog modulars of the past would be extremely cool. Possibly rack mount and about 8U high.

But there's enough small stomp boxes with wooden ends. I think it starts to look rediculous when you have more than 3.

Cheers,
B

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:08 pm

LivePsy wrote:From the replies on this thread, I suspect there are 2 types of Fooger buyers. There's the analog synth guys who see the modular elements in them, and there's the stomp box people who can see the beneift of adding analog synth modules to their setup. Personally I'm a synth guy but the Foogers are too stomp box to be fully useful to me.

I'd like to see a completely modular expansion box. Much bigger than a Fooger. Use it to expand a Voyager, or provide the Fooger elements as completely modular parts. I imagine a vco or 2, VCF, env, rm, phaser, spring reverb, delay. And rows of 1/4 sockets to patch them together. I think a small tribute to Moog modulars of the past would be extremely cool. Possibly rack mount and about 8U high.

But there's enough small stomp boxes with wooden ends. I think it starts to look rediculous when you have more than 3.

Cheers,
B
Like....this? ;)
www.ctrlshft.com

DontBelievetheHype

Post by DontBelievetheHype » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:28 pm

CTRLSHFT wrote:
LivePsy wrote:From the replies on this thread, I suspect there are 2 types of Fooger buyers. There's the analog synth guys who see the modular elements in them, and there's the stomp box people who can see the beneift of adding analog synth modules to their setup. Personally I'm a synth guy but the Foogers are too stomp box to be fully useful to me.

Cheers,
B
Like....this? ;)
I keep my 'foogers in a bypass looper, so I don't care about a stomp switch--- if something like what is described above was made and works at instrument level and provides added functionality over the 'fooger stompbox enclosures, then I'm all for it!! As long as there is still a nod to bass/guitar players, ie Hard Synched VCO's! :D
Synth bass guitar rig including MS-20 filter clone, Paradox TZF, MF101, 102, 103, 107(x2), CP-251 and MP-201

LivePsy

Post by LivePsy » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:34 pm

CTRLSHFT wrote:Like....this? ;)
If it was all one unit, and the inputs and outputs came out the front and there was almost no normalled cables, then yes. The functions of the modules are great, its just the form factor of lots of boxes and sockets just where you can't easily access them.

B

LivePsy

Post by LivePsy » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:38 pm

Actually CTRLSHIFT, your rack edition is just about perfect. I'm ordering one of those!

B

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:47 pm

LivePsy wrote:Actually CTRLSHIFT, your rack edition is just about perfect. I'm ordering one of those!

B
Tell me when they be come available, lol.

Seriously though, I made those mockups because I truly think they could get sales for Moog. I realize though that it would probably require more work and R&D than may be worth it for Moog to pursue as opposed to just keeping with the pedal format. Time will tell I guess, although if you look at the date for that post, it's been a while already. :)
www.ctrlshft.com

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:08 am

I didn't realize how much space the Foogers take up until I started looking at Eurorack modules and comparing them to the Moog style modules. Now the Foogers take up a buttload of space in a rack.

Tabletop if you have 1 or two on either side of a voyager is great, and I always love the Wood, but get all 6 (or 2 of each like some people we know lolol) and thats A LOT of space for doing only that.

Some people think the Moog style modules are a waste of valuable rack/floor space.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:57 am

EricK wrote: Some people think the Moog style modules are a waste of valuable rack/floor space.

Eric
They are!....so damn worth it. :)
www.ctrlshft.com

bryceHUHWhat

Post by bryceHUHWhat » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:39 pm

Reproduce the Moog Parametric EQ / Polymoog resonator!

Another one of those things that sell for too much...

mgrfgrmadness

Post by mgrfgrmadness » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:56 pm

i really need a good high pass

EricK

Post by EricK » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:55 pm

I think that a touchscreen Moogerfooger is in order for RME/OS owners prticularly, so they can have the coolest feature of the performer edition voyagers.

It would be similar to the Kaoss pad except it would be strictly CV.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

analoghaze

Post by analoghaze » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:26 pm

I would buy a touch pad CV controller.
Of coarse it would need a GATE out.

I would also like it to have the XYA outputs and inverted outputs for each.
So a touch pad with 8 analog outputs on the back.

A "lock" push button as well please.

I "kind of" want a Korg KP3. 8)
Music can Name the Unnamable and Communicate the Unknowable.

'I am... everything is... changed... they're calling... your face... interwoven... who is...' Patient mumbles inaudibly to a tune (sounds like 'Thanks for the memory).

The Analog Organist

Post by The Analog Organist » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:59 pm

Aha! I had suggested an oscillator ("The Ultimate Moogerfooger"), and everybody disagreed with me. But now oscillator is in second place.