Connecting Moogerfoogers with my Voyager via VX351 and CP251.

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Captainflint

Connecting Moogerfoogers with my Voyager via VX351 and CP251.

Post by Captainflint » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:30 am

Hello Fellow Moogers,

I’ve recently purchased a Voyager with all the Moogerfoogers (all 7) / VX351 and CP251.
I’m new to this connecting CV and gates to the Voyager and the art of semi modular Synthesizers. I was hoping for some helpful information and advice as to their connections.

I’ve tried to look on YouTube but without luck, there are plenty showing the results in sound demonstrations but I haven’t been able to find any regarding the actual connections and explanations to how it’s all controlled. I appreciate that one can have ‘happy accidents’ but with control voltages etc I’m weary of doing damage to my synth. I also have a few Moog foot expression pedals.

I have gone through the very short examples listed in the voyager manual but I haven’t progressed any further.

Are there any manuals or good informative books on the subject to purchase ?
Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Many thanks
George

stiiiiiiive

Re: Connecting Moogerfoogers with my Voyager via VX351 and CP251.

Post by stiiiiiiive » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:46 pm

HI George ans welcome to the forum!

Congrats on your purchase! That's a great semi modular system!
You won't harm your Moog gear, don't worry. Start with identifying what are the inputs and what are the outputs, pay attention to connecting outs to ins and everything will be all right :)

Then... then the sky is the limit; experiment, think about how a given signal could control a given parameter, try it out...
Do not necesarily follow examples, imagine new ones!

That being said, you can get inspiration from a couple of videos here and there, not involving the Voyager but the Little Phatty though. But the VX351 is kind of a LP CV out mod ++.
Enjoy!

ummagumma

Post by ummagumma » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:30 pm

does anyone know if the "Knobtweaks" Yahoo group/docs got archived somewhere, before Yahoo nuked everything?

That was a great resource for things like this: explanations of the 'Foogers as well as some creative & practical use guides

-->Actually I seem to recall: there may be a Facebook group now; If you search there, you might find it?

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:34 am

I've been searching it lately without any success :/

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:10 pm

ummagumma wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:30 pm does anyone know if the "Knobtweaks" Yahoo group/docs got archived somewhere, before Yahoo nuked everything?
I don't have anything but quite a lot of those files. Maybe uploading them to archive.org will last. However, since I do sales I can't promise I will be able to do so until after Christmas

Suggestions are welcome if the gang thinks another site might be better
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

ummagumma

Post by ummagumma » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:44 pm

according to post #111 here, someone has managed to archive it, before Yahoo deleted everything:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... ths-4.html

maybe at some point it will show up, on groups.io or similar?

Captainflint

Post by Captainflint » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:41 pm

Thanks for all the input and suggestions, I’ll certainly try to make a few connections and see how it’s goes. Much appreciated thanks !
Regards
George :D