Envelope Generator

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Crash

Envelope Generator

Post by Crash » Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:19 am

Wouldn't it be lovely if they made (so many sentences about analog gear start out this way) a dedicated ADSR envelope generator.

For severe modulation, I like to use a variety of CV to affect various parameters. An envelope could be patched to CV inputs on Moogerfoogers or Voyager. This could be triggered by any number of gates, LFO, S&H etc.

I have used a MF-101 for an envelope, but it doesn't have stellar tweakability. With the VX-351, I can borrow one or both of the envelopes, but they still continue to control the volume and filter, meaning they're not independant envelopes.

Make it into a sweet little rack-mount control processor like the 251. Maybe throw in a gate triggered LFO (like on the Voyager) or two. I'd snatch up one or two of something like that, given the option. The ability to trigger and manipulate the shape of CVs makes for really good effects sequencing.

Don't get me wrong...I love my 2 CP-251s. But lately I'm wanting more than they can give me. I was hoping to see an improved CV processer (CP-252?) before a fifth pedal was released (don't get me wrong there either...I can't wait to get my hands on a new MF-105).

dvdborn

Post by dvdborn » Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:17 am

Crash,

You may want to have a look at the Sherman Filterbank http://www.sherman.be

It's got an ADSR follower with it's proper CV output and input that can also be triggered from the audiosignal and MIDI. It has also got an LFO (not gate triggered) and of course 2 12dB multi-filters. It's a very versatile unit.

David