foogers with spd-s

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
slabwax

foogers with spd-s

Post by slabwax » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:12 pm

Hi,

First post so please be easy on me.

I want to get into playing my pads in to foogers pedals. But which one should I start with. I don't know much about pedals. I'm more used to smacking acoustic drums around. Any info would be helpful.

Thanks Dean

roboctopus

Post by roboctopus » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:19 pm

Ha ha. I only have one fooger. It's the mf-102 ring mod. Drums sound great through it. I've tried it on acoustic drums (mic the drum, add the effect at the mixing board) and running drum machine drums through it. You can make pretty cool patterns within your beats emerge using the LFO, too.

I think drums through a low-pass filter is a pretty classic sound, but I don't have that pedal.
What does this button do?

LP Stage II, Dead Prodigy, Juno 60, MF-101 & 102, CP-251, guitars, bass, banjo, and the almighty glockenspiel/melodica combo

marcmodulator

Post by marcmodulator » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:19 pm

I have a SPDS but only the CP 251...I would think that the Ring Mod and the Delay would be the first choice for drums...The Bass Murf would be real good for adding synced filter mods to the beat...If you have the money I would go for the Delay and the Bass Murf...What kinda music are you making ?
Mo' Analog...Mo' Pusle Width Modulations...
Lil Ph. TE # 86, CP251, Future Retro Revolution SE #10 ,Dave Smith Evolver, Roland MC 202, Juno 06 , 106 , SH09, FrostWave Fat Con.,

MarkM

Post by MarkM » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:28 pm

Ring mod with the delay or lowpass would be a good choice.
Mark Mahoney
http://www.reverbnation.com/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:40 pm

Hi thanks for the replies.

At this time I'm just getting back in the electric percussion thing I Have a love hate relationship with e-drums. I had a set of Simmons sds 9s back in the day. My last foray into e drums was with a v drum set/ drumkat w/percussion modules ran into a couple Electrix racks and a Linn Stomp box. I was trying to make it fit in to a pop band. The key word is TRYING. So I sold off all my electronic gear.

Now i've been playing solo gong/cymbal gigs , improve percussion and modern dance stuff as well as rock/pop band gigs so I have more room to explore electronics.

Dean

JonnyG

Post by JonnyG » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:05 am

i dunno if id get the mooger delay for drums because i dont think you can hook up tap tempo,

to me this would be essential for drum delay, getting the cool triplet dub echos on the snare and stuff.

i think the lowpass filter with an expression pedal would be awesome.