rackmount kit question

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Duke Foog

rackmount kit question

Post by Duke Foog » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:21 pm

so i just got my kit. but it didn't come with instructions and i'm wondering about the middle moogerfooger. i removed the sides and mounted all of them but there's a bit of a gap between the 2 sides and the middle one. also is there a way to put the screws back into the middle one. i'm just worried about dust getting in there.

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:36 pm

Did you remove the wooden sides of the middle one, but leave both sides on the other two? If you did that, then there shouldn't be more than a millimeter or so gap between them. Wouldn't worry about that.

I think the kit comes with little backings for the screws so you can put them back in without the sides. I don't quite remember, it was a while ago when I racked mine...

Duke Foog

Post by Duke Foog » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:33 pm

yeah i took the sides off the middle one but left the other ones alone. i was just hoping that they would all be flush together. when i got my rackmount kit it didn't come with anything other than the rack. no manual, no box nothing. oh well

Duke Foog

Post by Duke Foog » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:35 am

so is the kit supposed to come with replacement metal sides to replace the wooden ones you have to take off of the middle fooger?

Duke Foog

Post by Duke Foog » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:36 am

the 2sides are now gaping holes

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:23 pm

I'm sorry. I don't understand the problem. When you install all 3 mfs there will be some space between the middle mf and the other two (about a millimeter), but certainly not a gaping hole. Can you post a pic?

Look at this image. If it looks like this its fine.

Why didn't you kit come with instructions? Did you buy it used?

Duke Foog

Post by Duke Foog » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:13 pm

i was exagerating a bit. it's not a gaping hole. it's just that with the sides missing from the middle fooger you can see some of the guts of the pedal and i just don't like the idea of having them exposed. mine looks pretty much like the pic but when you look closer you can see the board and wires inside.

i got mine from long and mcquade in canada. at first they weren't even sure if they carried the rackmount kit and finally after a month of pestering them they finally got a hold of their distributor to order me one. and when it came in their was no box, instructions or anything other than the rack.

oh yeah can you believe i had to pay $130 canadian for this thing? what a waste. i bet it costs like $5 to make.

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:00 pm

Duke Foog wrote: oh yeah can you believe i had to pay $130 canadian for this thing? what a waste. i bet it costs like $5 to make.
What!?! $130 canadian for an incomplete rackmount? Sorry, but you've been ripped off. Couldn't you have ordered direct from Moog?

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about the space. I've had mine racked for about two years with no problems.

Jebus0000

Post by Jebus0000 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:59 am

$130 is the full canadian list price. It's stupid how much more all moog products list for in Canada. 2 reasons...The Canadian distributor marks up the price (that how they make money) but also, they haven't changed the canadian price list since the CDN$ was worth less than $.70USD so right now Moog is very expensive in Canada compared to the US. And it's not the stores fault (although in this case they didn't need to charge you full retail)...it's either Moog or the Canadian distributor that need to update the Canadian prices to match the US.

edit - just to show you how stupid it is...the rack mount is $59USD from the moog website. Canadian stores should be selling that for $65 or $70 tops with the way the dollar currently is and has been for quite a while.

Duke Foog

Post by Duke Foog » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:07 pm

usually long and mcquade are pretty good. i got my 101 and 102 for $350 each. the cp251 for 425, and the murf for 460. not too bad. but i got totally hosed for the rackmount kit cause i guess it's a special order cause the distributor didn't have any in stock. i guess not alot of people are fooging