Strange Ring Mod Behavior - Heisenberg's LFO

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
MoogProg

Strange Ring Mod Behavior - Heisenberg's LFO

Post by MoogProg » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:51 pm

Not even sure how to describe this and might need to make a video, but here's the situation. Have Minifooger Ring Mod that operates just fine, until I approach the device, say reach out to adjust a knob. Once I get in proximity the Freq changes. Just bought a Moogerfooger Ring Mod and it does the same thing!

Is it perhaps me, or it is something about Ring Mods that interacts with the user. Something else? Bigfoot... probably Bigfoot. :?

MoogProg

Re: Strange Ring Mod Behavior - Heisenberg's LFO

Post by MoogProg » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:10 pm

Ha ha do laugh with me, please! But this is actually happening, and it seems quite odd. I can move the rate of the Moogerfooger LFO by a substantial amount just via proximity of a hand, almost as if it were a Theremin. As mentioned above, same thing more or less happens with the Minifooger Ring, so I'm baffled.

On the other hand, am using the Ring Mod LFO as an extra LFO for a Slim Phatty, so its irregularities are kind of a feature not a bug. 8)

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:28 pm

Don't get me wrong: I find the way you described this very funny, but I'm not making fun of you :)

I have no idea why this happens, but you seem to find some use to it ;)

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:42 am

I agree with stiiiiiive, and find this hilarious in a very positive way!

Are you able to make a video? It might go viral and get you some pennies :wink:
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra