Moog Music Forum

Share Ideas and Pass the word

CP-251 bottom power supply?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!

CP-251 bottom power supply?

Postby leemccarthyn » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:28 pm

Hi

Have a couple of old CP-251 with the red jacks. They have power supply inputs on the topside and bottom. Just got one off e-bay which is the new model without the red rings. Does not have a power supply on the bottom, and has a plastic plug in the back panel where the supply jack should be. Was this changed with the newer models, or was this somehow modified by a previous owner? If it was changed, is there a way to get the part for the power supply to be in the back? Probably will rack this like the other units and I use the back supplies for them in the rack.

Thanks
leemccarthyn

Re: CP-251 bottom power supply?

Postby electronicpoison » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:03 pm

hello it is normal that you have two ways one for the rack and the other when you put the 251 on a table.
electronicpoison

Postby electronicpoison » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:06 pm

sorry take the black plastic away and you got it ,i hope
electronicpoison

Postby elcubismo » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:04 pm

I had this same question, got mine on eBay as well and it had only the one power connection. Apparently it's just a matter of opening up the CP-251 and removing a screw that holds the power connector to the output port, then move it to the other port and put the screw back on. Haven't done it myself yet, but I'll get back to you soon if there are any gotchas!
elcubismo

Return to Moogerfooger Forum