104M Tap Tempo problem

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
mcscotch

104M Tap Tempo problem

Post by mcscotch » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:13 pm

I was very fortunate to acquire a 104M recently, and while the sound and features are incredible, I haven't been able to make the tap tempo work. Tapping it doesn't change the tempo of the LFO or delays and neither of them turn green when tapping (I know to tap 3 times, and that holding down is supposed to shift between LFO and delay). Any suggestions on what to do/look for? I got this used, and know that there are a bunch of tweaks for Moogerfoogers, so I don't know if there's some setting issue or if there's something wrong with the mechanism itself. Thanks!

stiiiiiiive

Re: 104M Tap Tempo problem

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:29 pm

Hi mcscotch, welcome to the forum :)

I would bet on the switch itself. As fat as I understand, none of the actions involving that left switch are working; I've read about tap tempo bugs but what you describe is more than that.

Keep us informed!

bichuelo

Re: 104M Tap Tempo problem

Post by bichuelo » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:50 pm

Have you tried updating the firmware and calibrating? That might be worth a shot

The other reason for it not to work is if it is receiveng a MIDI CC which overrides the tap, I ain't sure if the CV input overrides the tap as well
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra