More on new Moogerfooger or(MuRF)

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
sir_dss

More on new Moogerfooger or(MuRF)

Post by sir_dss » Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:39 pm

Over to the Moog Music booth again..

The MuRF is at first glance, a fixed filter bank in a MoogerFooger pedal. Sliders control the volume of various frequencies, reflecting individual bandpass filters. The kicker is that these filters are selected via an included “sequence” generator; select a sequence, set the rate, and the pedal automatically switches between these filters. It sounds different than using a single filter and simply changing its Fc via voltage. There are several “sequences” and the clock can be controlled via CV (pedal, etc.). Brian Kehew and Steve Dunnington were jamming guitar through it and having a blast.

The most important thing to me, is that it sounds like a Moog product.

peacefrog

Post by peacefrog » Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:22 pm

Great, the last thing I need is another pedal :wink: . I wish they'd post pics of the prototype, and I'm really interested in how it will work with the other pedals a la the CP-251 and if it will have it's own evelop follower thing. The one thing about the Low pass is that I wish it had a band pass and notch filter making it replace things like the Mutron or Q-Tron completely (high pass filters controlled by envelops I've not figured out how to use musically yet).

OK Frampton Talk Box, Ring Mod, Analog delay or tape delay, and new Moogerfooger filter thing, then I'm done shopping for effects-- really.

gerry

Post by gerry » Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:57 pm

I can already get 'seek'wah' kinds of sound (not a wah sound at all really) by using the LFO, or sample and hold outputs, and LAG circuits of the CP251 going into the Cutoff CV input of the low pass filter.
I wonder how substantially different this new pedal would sound?

And why didn't Moog post something about it at this web site, for the true believers?! I mean Harmony Central, the land of Triple Rectifiers and CookieMonster vocalists?! Harumph Harumph :evil:

jake

MuRF

Post by jake » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:03 am

The new MuRF pedal sounds completely different from a wah or the low-pass or any Filter like that. If I had to describe the sound I would not even say it sounds like filtering (even though that is how the effect is derived). The only true way to understand what it sounds like is to hear it. The demo version shown at NAMM is not fully functional, several features are missing, so we havent even heard how amazing this is as of yet!

sir_dss

Post by sir_dss » Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:36 am

A big question is...

Will it send CV signals?

It will be incredible if you can use it as a 8 step sequencer to drive the pitch/filter/envelope etc... on the Voyager ot other CV synths.

sir_dss

Post by sir_dss » Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:38 am

And Jake...Have you ever heard a ZVEX Seek-Wah or Ooh-Wah???

brunning

Post by brunning » Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:30 am

A big question is...

Will it send CV signals?

It will be incredible if you can use it as a 8 step sequencer to drive the pitch/filter/envelope etc... on the Voyager ot other CV synths.Back to top
that would be unbelievably awesome... using that cv to control the lpf's cutoff or the ring mod's frequency.