MF-103 Sweep In bleed

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
sammymlevine

MF-103 Sweep In bleed

Post by sammymlevine » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:46 pm

I've been experimenting with the sweep in jack of the phaser and have been getting some super cool ring-moddy sounds. However, whenever I put anything into the "Sweep In" jack I can hear whatever I put in there excessively bleeding into the signal. Even If I turn the output volume all the way down, I can hear it. If its a square wave LFO, I hear very loud thumping, and if it's an audio source, I can hear it in the signal loud and clear, regardless if I'm playing or not. I've tried attenuating the signal, and that certainly lowers the volume, but also weakens the effect of what I'm trying to do.

I am also receiving a huge amount of noise and radio interference from the MF-103, as well as the MF-101. Any ideas how to fix that? Copper insulation tape? Placing them somewhere else? DIfferent power supply or source?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Sam

Quatschmacher

Re: MF-103 Sweep In bleed

Post by Quatschmacher » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:29 pm

What are you using sweep in to do? Apologies if this sounds patronising as it is not meant to; do you know what the “sweep in” is for? It is different from the “sweep” jack. If you want to get an LFO or envelope to sweep the phaser then use the “sweep” jack. The “sweep in” is for when you want to sweep the second 6 stages of the phaser from an external source separately from the first 6 stages. I was unaware of this when I had one and plugged into the wrong one and wondered why nothing was happening. I don’t pretend to be an expert so would recommend consulting the manual to see if there are limitations to what one may plug in to that particular socket.

Kirneh Ness

Post by Kirneh Ness » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:29 pm

The Manual is actually a bit confusing on this (for me). In the main text it says that the "Sweep In" accepts audio, but in the technical part, it is described as input for voltage control. I must admit, I have never used it, as the rest is more than enough for me.
Guitars. Moog Grandmother, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Minitaur, Slim Phatty, Moogerfoogers 101, 102, 103, 104M, 107, 108M and CP-251. Yamaha CS-15. Roland JUNO 106. DSI Tetr4. Arturia Beatstep Pro. Korg ARP Odyssey Module Rev1. Dreadbox NYX 2.

LittleCat

Post by LittleCat » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:31 am

I am having a similar problem. I get significant bleed when the pedal is bypassed. The drive is all the way counterclockwise. I use a moog expression pedal to control the rate. Any advice is appreciated!

Acid Mitch

Post by Acid Mitch » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:13 am

Kirneh Ness wrote:The Manual is actually a bit confusing on this (for me). In the main text it says that the "Sweep In" accepts audio, but in the technical part, it is described as input for voltage control. I must admit, I have never used it, as the rest is more than enough for me.
Audio is just a voltage, hence it can be used for voltage control.