Cluster Flux Very Noisy

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
jamesmod

Cluster Flux Very Noisy

Post by jamesmod » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:58 pm

New ClusterFlux not performing well at all. Lots of white noise. HELP.
I love what I've listened to from it on youtube, unfortunately they wouldn't let me try it out in the shop first, because it was the last one!

Here's a video. The mixer is pumped a bit to accentuate the issue. Excuse my soft voice, got the flu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4PbQ74MIfQ

The only way to get rid of the noise is to turn the LFO AMOUNT down below 40%. At which point its a pretty weak effects unit.
I'm after big flanging for the Subsequent37.

Its totally unusable on anything except sine and triangle too, as I get strong beating white noise.
I watched a dozen youtube videos, and they all sound great; so wtf?
I have the Drive and Level set properly, and tried it through a mixer and both Bass and keyboard amps. All the same result. And it happens no matter what instrument is used, and without too.

Any advice? No response from the techs for over a week.
Pew.........pew pew..... pew pew pew...!

kxx303

Re: Cluster Flux Very Noisy

Post by kxx303 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:35 pm

Well since 108 is an analog bucket brigade device - there will be background noise anyway. I like someone's opinion somewhere here that 108's square LFO did not need to be SO square - in order not to create noticeable peaks when line jumps up or down.
Some Records
mf(101+102+103+107+251)+some other gear

whitedogbanana

Post by whitedogbanana » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:35 am

What I have found is to set the Drive and Output at very different level eg I set drive at 3 o'clock and output at 10 o'clock. This has helped with reducing the noise - give it a try.

jamesmod

Post by jamesmod » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:24 pm

kxx303 wrote:Well since 108 is an analog bucket brigade device - there will be background noise anyway. I like someone's opinion somewhere here that 108's square LFO did not need to be SO square - in order not to create noticeable peaks when line jumps up or down.
Actually, the noise is this abrupt on square, both saw and random. On sine and tri it’s just swooshes in and out.
Also, I have other (MXR) BB effect boxes, and they are absolutely quiet!

Still, NO RESPONSE FROM MOOG FOR WEEKS!

jamesmod

Post by jamesmod » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:32 pm

whitedogbanana wrote:What I have found is to set the Drive and Output at very different level eg I set drive at 3 o'clock and output at 10 o'clock. This has helped with reducing the noise - give it a try.
Thanks. Tried it. Didn’t work. I’ve tried every combination, with two different amps and one mixer; always noisy. Also the same with multiple instruments (guitar and synths).
And isn’t it lame! You have to “reduce noise” to use it.

Still, NO RESPONSE FROM MOOG FOR WEEKS!

jamesmod

Post by jamesmod » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:47 pm

Video removed due to excessive trolls and abusive messages sent to me by Moog fanboys, accusing me of “Hating moog”.
Well, since 86 I have owned several used moog products, which all worked perfectly. In the last 6 months I’ve purchased three NEW moog products, which have all failed. Subsequent37, Minitaur and the ClusterFlux.

Moog tech didn’t respond to any emails. The Subsequent37 was dead. The Minitaur schizophrenic. The ClusterFlux, as above.

And I get trolled and hate mail from people here on this forum.