Issue with mf-102 - please help!

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
sammymlevine

Issue with mf-102 - please help!

Post by sammymlevine » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:12 pm

Hello,
Here's the story: I plugged the ring mod into my mf-108's FB insert using a 1/8" Y cable with a 1/4" adapter (something like this http://www.proaudiostar.com/hosa-cmp-15 ... gJ4tvD_BwE) because I didnt have an insert cable. I wasn't sure which cable to put into the input/output of the mf-102 so I tried both configurations. Neither really worked, so I gave up.
But ever since then, my ring mod is acting funny. Mainly, the carrier oscillator now persists 1-2 seconds after the audio input decays (the level LED also persists 1-2 seconds after decay). It is dependent on where the mix knob is, but is not affected by the drive knob. It's relatively quiet, but still quite audible. Did I screw something up with my Y-cable nonsense, maybe short something?! What's going on? Please help!
Unfortunately I'm not the original owner, so I don't know if its still under warranty/if I can still send it in to moog.
Cheers,
Sam

Vsyevolod

Re: Issue with mf-102 - please help!

Post by Vsyevolod » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:47 pm

Hey Sam,

Apologies for the late reply, hopefully you have already fixed this by now. If not, your best resource (always) is to call Moog directly. They have one of the nicest group of techs available.

I had a problem a few years ago with my MF-102. After describing the issue to the tech, he knew exactly what was going on. He told me to replace a chip and that would fix the problem. Sure enough.

Moog support rocks!

Stephen

andybutler

Re: Issue with mf-102 - please help!

Post by andybutler » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:56 pm

Well, glad to hear moog tech support is still alive, I'd wondered.

Have the same problem with my old Bob Moog 102.
It's just that the squelch circuit doesn't cut in that quickly.
(probably means that long decay sounds don't get snipped, so may be a design feature).

Anyway, I love to hear detail about the fix. This info wasn't offered by moog when I contacted them a while back.