Plugged wrong power supply into MF-101 -- repair question!

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Headlands

Plugged wrong power supply into MF-101 -- repair question!

Post by Headlands » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:10 am

Hi all! Longtime Moogerfooger enthusiast here, and I did an incredibly dumb thing by accidentally plugging a higher-powered power supply into my beloved MF-101 LPF pedal. Now all that happens when I plug in the proper power supply is that the red envelope light stays lit and there's no sound to speak of. :(

This happened last night and I have a gig tonight that I need it for, so I'm wondering if:

A. My unit is completely friend and to try to repair it is pointless?
and/or
B. If it's repairable, can someone recommend someone in the Los Angeles area that can do a same-day repair on it?

Thanks for any help.

- Noah

wajobu

Re: Plugged wrong power supply into MF-101 -- repair questio

Post by wajobu » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:05 am

Why not contact Moog directly, and send it in for a repair or a qualified repair technician. I suspect examination of the circuit board and a signal trace will find the problem.
On a reach and planing...

Kirneh Ness

Re: Plugged wrong power supply into MF-101 -- repair questio

Post by Kirneh Ness » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:29 pm

wajobu wrote:Why not contact Moog directly, and send it in for a repair or a qualified repair technician. I suspect examination of the circuit board and a signal trace will find the problem.
If you are non-US, Moog can't help. You will have to use one of their international dealers unfortunately. I tried getting a repair for an MF, but was told I was on the wrong continent. :|
Guitars. Moog Grandmother, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Minitaur, Slim Phatty, Moogerfoogers 101, 102, 103, 104M, 107, 108M and CP-251. Yamaha CS-15. Roland JUNO 106. DSI Tetr4. Arturia Beatstep Pro. Korg ARP Odyssey Module Rev1. Dreadbox NYX 2.