combo organ through a freqbox

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
sims d

combo organ through a freqbox

Post by sims d » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:14 pm

my girlfriend tours in a band that uses a 60's yamaha combo organ. she wants to get some new sounds but touring with a ton of gear becomes a hassle. I was wondering if she could run her combo organ through a freqbox (I found a great deal on one) but am curious to know if that will create cool sounds that she could control and contain? or will it just be a skronky mess?

Thanks
Sims

misterpete

Re: combo organ through a freqbox

Post by misterpete » Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:18 am

I got insanely good sounds using a theremin through the freq box

as far as I understand it The Freq Box works best with a single note source -
so better suited to lead lines on a guitar not chords …

with a polyphonic instrument playing chords you may be happier with some of the other foogers and/or other pedals but the best way to find out would be to snag one and try it out
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D

FeelinDank

Re: combo organ through a freqbox

Post by FeelinDank » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:19 pm

I wonder what came of this. I currently have two Freqboxes and a combo organ being slowly repaired. The Freqboxes sound fantastic with my Tele in a stereo-ish setup. I’d imagine monophonic lines with a combo organ would sound fantastic, though I’d bet a tonewheel would sound better since the tonewheels are phase-locked together …things I will have to try.