Roland RS-09 + MF-103

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
WhileEarthmenSleep

Roland RS-09 + MF-103

Post by WhileEarthmenSleep » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:58 pm

Hi all

I remember reading somewhere that the Roland Organ/Strings RS-09, despite its limitations, will do exciting things by connecting its Gate Out port to Moogerfoogers. I own and love both the RS-09 and the MF-103 phaser, but have never connected them. Is there something they will do, other than simply running the keyboard through the phaser (which sounds great)?

Thanks!

jrichoux

Re: Roland RS-09 + MF-103

Post by jrichoux » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:20 pm

I found this link on another moog forum page hat might help: http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.ph ... php&p=6247

I still have my Saturn-09 (similar to the RS, without strings), and have looked into using the gate out, but never really tried it yet. I remember when I bought it back in the 80's the dealer said it was for linking to an SH-09 monosynth. The idea was to run the Saturn thru the synth filters, and using the gate out to trigger the filter envelope.

No doubt running the audio of your RS thru virtually any MF will be tasty, but I'm not sure how you would use the gate out with an MF-103, as it has no trigger inputs that I can see. I would be interested in seeing a link to those suggestions you mention if you can find them again.

I remember reading somewhere that the gate out on the Roland is a pretty high voltage, and it was suggested to trim it thru a processor (like a CP-251) to match the target input. Possibly running it thru one of the lag's on the CP could generate a useful CV to modulate something or other.

I hope some of this helps
John