Audio I/O connection to patchbay

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
akamruz

Audio I/O connection to patchbay

Post by akamruz » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:50 pm

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble with my Audio patch bay connections.

I ve been trying to connect the audio ins and outs of of my 108m and 104m to my audio patch bay.

The synth outs are connected to my ssl x-desk mixer and the direct outs of the x-desk are connected to a bantam patch bay.
(Signex Isopatch Bantam PST96)

The problem i have is that the foogers do not work as they should be.
There is always a second dry signal which is not effected in anyway.It is always there.

What am i doing wrong?

I d really appreciate your help.

macteacher

Re: Audio I/O connection to patchbay

Post by macteacher » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:40 pm

Each of those moogerfoogers have 2 audio outs.

Which ones are you using?

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:20 am

Anything to do with the feedback loops not being correctly connected?

If it's a bantam patchbay, you probably need special patchcords too as the diameter and length is different to regular 1/4".

akamruz

Post by akamruz » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:51 am

I am using the mix out of the 104 m and Left out of the 108m.

The units are connected to the XLR breakout looms at the back of the patch bay.

The cables i need are TS /TRS to XLR but I don't know what type of soldering i need to do in these connectors.

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:53 am

Please upload some pictures, it'll be easier to check

stewdio

Post by stewdio » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:05 pm

It's been a while since I've used an X-Desk but I took a glance at the block diagram:
http://sslweb.solidstatelogic.com.s3.am ... _large.jpg
and it looks like if you take a post fader send to the direct out then the input signal of that channel will go to the mix bus as well. Is your channel output button in post?

Without the desk in front of me to try it I can't be sure but I would think that channel output should be pre-fader in your scenario and then you would cut the channel which would allow the line input to pass directly to whichever moogerfooger you have connected to the direct out and not to the mix bus (you would return the fooger to another channel or the FX returns)

In my studio I have the very same foogers on the patchbay of my MCI desk and I use the auxiliary sends typically (though sometimes the channel busses or even inserts) and it's always worked fine. I just used TRS connectors when I wired them even though they are unbalanced because I had those on hand and I tested that they work fine.

(Also not to be super obvious but do you have the mix on both foogers at full wet? Only asking because you didn't mention anything about that)
instagram.com/stew_crookes
stewcrookes.com

~ all meters ~ all red ~ all the time ~