Anybody mounting their MFs to a pedalboard/power supplies?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
mattymel

Anybody mounting their MFs to a pedalboard/power supplies?

Post by mattymel » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:25 am

Hey. How do you all mount your MFs to a pedalboard? I don't think I want to go the Velcro rout with my MF102...

Also, do any of you power your MF with a power cable from a Voodoo Labs
power supply (or other familiar brand)?

Kirneh Ness

Re: Anybody mounting their MFs to a pedalboard/power supplie

Post by Kirneh Ness » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:49 pm

I decided from the beginning going into Moog land that these Foogers should not be placed on the pedal board. I keep them free, so I can use them on my desk as external gear, or so that I can bring one or two along to small jam situations. I guess I have decided that the pedal board is strictly for guitar effects, and that the MFs are much more than that. They are multi purpose units. So I don't want to fence them in. (And I use the original power supplies.)
Guitars. Moog Grandmother, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Minitaur, Slim Phatty, Moogerfoogers 101, 102, 103, 104M, 107, 108M and CP-251. Yamaha CS-15. Roland JUNO 106. DSI Tetr4. Arturia Beatstep Pro. Korg ARP Odyssey Module Rev1. Dreadbox NYX 2.

Suspish

Post by Suspish » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:55 pm

I have drilled holes in the pedal board where the rubber feet on the MF's are, and then just screwed in the rubber feet through the board. Of course, this only works on particular styles of boards. It's pretty quick and easy to remove them for one off's by just unscrewing them from the board with the rubber feet. Usually a hand tighten will do, so no tools required.

facon

Post by facon » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:27 pm

Take the rubber feet off, flip the bottom metal piece over, screw it back in without the feet, apply Velcro. If you decide to sell, you can just flip that metal piece around and the label will be fine. I use a Cioks Ciokolate to power 6 Moogerfoogers on my pedalboard. Works great.

zoooombiex

Post by zoooombiex » Wed May 18, 2016 6:32 pm

I do the same - take the feet off, screw the plate back on, and then velcro.

I power mine with a Voodoo labs 4x4, which has high-current outputs.

soundshaper

Post by soundshaper » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:48 pm

I juggle all of mine around so much from synth to guitar to organ and such, I haven't tried affixing them to anything. However if your pedalboard gets transported a lot it would make sense to use some strong hardware to keep it in place. You could consider using long (or doubled-up) black zip ties running up and back just inside the wood sides to strap it down.
Little Phatty Tribute Edition / Mother-32 / Moogerfooger MF-101, 102, 103, 104Z, 107, 108M / Realistic MG-1

Liquid Guy

Post by Liquid Guy » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:41 pm

Hi, just joined tge forum and already got something to say.
I mount 3 MF's to my pedalboard using cable ties. This way I can always cut them loose when needed. I also use velcro on the bottom, but that's ftom previous tries...
I power them with a T-Rex Chameleon, it has 300mA outputs and I use three seperate ones.
How do I post photos here? Wanted to add a picture of my board...