Quality Patch Cables for Moogerfoogers

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Spazige

Quality Patch Cables for Moogerfoogers

Post by Spazige » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:17 am

I've just been using cheapo own brand patch cables from Thomann so far with my Moogerfoogers. If I was to invest more $$ could I expect a noticeable upturn in performance? Or is it more about how long the cable will last?
Grandmother, DFAM x 2, Mother 32 x 2, Sub 37, Minitaur, Theremini, MF-104M, MF-108M, MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-105M, MF-107, CP-251 x 2.

jsharpphoto

Re: Quality Patch Cables for Moogerfoogers

Post by jsharpphoto » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:09 pm

are you talking about for audio or control voltage?

audio cables, it will make a difference in build-quality in relation to sound.

control voltage, not so much. Moog even supplies cheap HOSA patch cables with the Voyager XL.
Moog Format Modular
Model D (2016)
Moog Subsequent37
Oberheim OB-6
Sequential Rev2

benulous

Post by benulous » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:25 pm

I will definitely highly recommend spending some money to get quality patch cables for audio. I have all the foogers and I originally got cheap 3foot/right angle/colored cables and they have caused me no end of frustration with audio suddenly going out and/or sudden static on the line. I have to go and jiggle cables and narrow down which one is the culprit.
-Ben
http://www.facebook.com/slowearth
http://www.slowearth.bandcamp.com
White Voyager XL, 2xM32s, Theremini, 7xMoogerfoogers, NordLead2, Access Indigo2, Eventide Space, Alesis Wedge
Bass Guitars (Moog Drive, FX25, SYB5, FX72, ODB3, Markbass Compressore)

Spazige

Post by Spazige » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:05 am

Thanks for the replys. Will look into maybe spending some bucks. Not the most exciting of purchases the cables and bits and bobs, but they always add up to more than you think.
Cheers.
Grandmother, DFAM x 2, Mother 32 x 2, Sub 37, Minitaur, Theremini, MF-104M, MF-108M, MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-105M, MF-107, CP-251 x 2.

jsharpphoto

Post by jsharpphoto » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:00 pm

Spazige wrote:Thanks for the replys. Will look into maybe spending some bucks. Not the most exciting of purchases the cables and bits and bobs, but they always add up to more than you think.
Cheers.
i buy Live Wire Advantage cables for my audio. They are middle of the road cables in terms of price, but carry a no-questions-asked warranty. Any guitar center will swap you for a brand new cable, any time. I've been using them all for about a year and a half and never had an issue with any of them. About 1/5 the price of Mogami, but more expensive than Hosa garbage cables.
Moog Format Modular
Model D (2016)
Moog Subsequent37
Oberheim OB-6
Sequential Rev2