MF-104M no reaction after bootloader mode

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
de_Adi

MF-104M no reaction after bootloader mode

Post by de_Adi » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:46 am

ciao

i tried to update firmware 1.1.3 following the instructions

after bootloader mode (3green LED) I can't erase the current firmware, since the LEVEL LED is not blinking yellow three times. Neither can i send the "Factory_restore" command.

I use a Motu Micro Lite via ELektron Overhub and Sysex Librarian from snoize.com I dont't have much experience with sysex commands. so I attached the Midi Monitor screenshot.

- i tried with port 5 and port 2 MIDI out of the Motu
- i changed MIDI cables from cheap sssnake to a cordial. (3m, 5-pin)

can you help me out. thanks a lot

---------------------------------------------

INSTRUCTIONS
INSTALLATION
1) Power on your MF-104M with both stomp switches held in. You will see a boot-up LED sequence that shows your boot-loader version number (TIME LED blinks, then LEVEL LED blinks a few times). When all the bottom-row LEDs light solid green, you are in boot-loader mode.
2) Connect MIDI out from a computer to the MF-104M DIN MIDI input
a. Open the Sysex-sending software of your choice.
b. Send the MF-104M "erase firmware" Sysex command (_Erase_FW_MF104M_Cmd.syx), which is included with this update. You will see
the MF-104M Level LED blink yellow three times while the firmware is erased. When finished, Time, Level, and Bypass LEDs will all light
green again, indicating a return to Bootloader mode.
3) Send the new firmware (MF104M_Firmware_v1_1_3.syx) using your Sysex sending software. The Level LED will blink while the firmware is being
transmitted. The MF-104M will reboot to normal operating mode when the update is complete.
4) Send the factory restore file ( _Factory_Restore_MF104M_Cmd.syx) with your Sysex software.
NOTE: Due to changes in this firmware, your new install will require a factory restore, knob calibration, and may require Feedback to be adjusted. 5) Now calibrate your knobs
Attachments
Screenshot 2015-12-21 12.28.03.png