MF-105M Midi MuRF as an EQ/Drive Pedal

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
MaxFerency

MF-105M Midi MuRF as an EQ/Drive Pedal

Post by MaxFerency » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:43 am

While I've seen videos of all the amazing things the 105 can do, is it possible to just use it as a drive pedal with an 8-band EQ without any of the sequencing? Or, would the envelop mean that there would always have to be a pulsing/tremelo of some sort happening when its going through the EQ?
Max Ferency | http://maxferency.org | max [at] maxferency [dot] org
SYSTEM: macOS & Logic X Pro
GEAR: Matriarch, Sub 37, Korg SV-2, DFAM, MF Drive, MF Delay, MF Boost, Roland RC-202

Bryan B

Re: MF-105M Midi MuRF as an EQ/Drive Pedal

Post by Bryan B » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:00 pm

You can put it in pattern 1 (I forgot if it is Bass or Mid) and it has no sequenced pattern and no envelope. This would be the EQ filter bank mode. I love using it this way!

I also use MIDI to open and close each filter with MIDI note messages and it can respond to volume per slider (using the right CC's), but it is more complex to get going.
MemoryMoog Plus (with Kenton Midi Upgrade Kit) MF-101 Lowpass Filter, MF-102 Ring Mod, MF-103 Stage Phaser, MF104M Delay, MF-105M MIDI MuRF, MF-107 Freq Box, MF-108M ClusterFlux and CP-251 Control Processor.

MaxFerency

Post by MaxFerency » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:15 pm

Awesome. That's what I was hoping for. I have an MF Drive pedal and love both the distortion and the color it adds to my digital piano. The 105 sounds like it will be an awesome upgrade when the time comes to be able to have that drive with a much more finely controlled EQ to add the color as well as all the other great things you can do with it.
Max Ferency | http://maxferency.org | max [at] maxferency [dot] org
SYSTEM: macOS & Logic X Pro
GEAR: Matriarch, Sub 37, Korg SV-2, DFAM, MF Drive, MF Delay, MF Boost, Roland RC-202

fuzulu

Post by fuzulu » Sun May 15, 2016 8:43 pm

I have most of the big moogerfoogers but somehow the drive on the murf sounds the best and most effective to me, anyone else feels the same?

Croyote

Post by Croyote » Mon May 16, 2016 4:58 am

fuzulu wrote:I have most of the big moogerfoogers but somehow the drive on the murf sounds the best and most effective to me, anyone else feels the same?
I complete agree! I use it even in small doses on almsot everything. It's such a unique and distinctive tone that is completely malleable.

I own a Bass Murf and 105. I sold my MIDI MURF and might get one again. I'm pretty happy with these two tho.

fuzulu

Post by fuzulu » Mon May 16, 2016 8:31 am

Croyote wrote:
fuzulu wrote:
I own a Bass Murf and 105. I sold my MIDI MURF and might get one again. I'm pretty happy with these two tho.
Nice, it would be awesome to have 2 murfs, cause u can then just apply this tasty overdrive to any stereo singnal, would be super useful

Alien8

Post by Alien8 » Mon May 16, 2016 10:30 am

Yup, agree as well. The drive has a different character than the other - less warm I suppose, more top end and a bit grittier / rougher sounding. It's a great sound, and of course having the "EQ" section makes it that much more awesome.
Vibration emanates from all things, even nothing. Using awareness to translate vibration into "music" is something that I am whole heartedly grateful for.