Just registered . . .

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Bryan T

Just registered . . .

Post by Bryan T » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:48 pm

I purchased a MF-101, MF-102, CP-251, and an expression pedal a week ago and have been really enjoying the sound capabilities. I'm a guitarsist, bassist, and electronic drummer, so the Moog pedals will get a lot of different uses in my home studio. I've been having a lot of fun coming up with new ideas for creating sounds. Often, I'll be day-dreaming and come up with a new idea for how to route the audio or CV signals. I'm probably about 1 for 5 in having things work out the way that I imagine, but I'm learning a lot about the devices as I go along.

I'm planning to add the phaser next, though I also want to get a step sequencer that can control CV signals, as I think that would open a new world of rhythmic ideas, especially if it were MIDI syncable. Is the Fat Controller a good buy?

Bryan

newname

Re: Just registered . . .

Post by newname » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:17 pm

Bryan T wrote: Is the Fat Controller a good buy?
yes, but if you want multiple simultaneous sequences, you might prefer something like the doepfer maq 16/3.

another alternative is to use a midi->cv converter and let software do the sequencing. right now i'm using a friend's Encore Expressionist, and it's very nice - 8 control voltages and 8 gates, MIDI synced LFOs, DINsync for old roland drumboxen that might be laying about.

frostwave makes a very nice 4channel MIDI->CV converter, btw...

x