Guitar Rig

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Ricinulei

Guitar Rig

Post by Ricinulei » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:48 am

All 7 with molten voltage control (osmosis), RJM switching, Mesa boogie Mark V. Killer!
2x pedal power 2 plus with reverse polarity barrel cables and 2x current adaptors.
For the audio path I got 100ft of LAVA ultramafic silver patch cable and used the soldered plugs.
Its a 12 space rack with Slide outs. Could not have turned out better.
I am surprised at how well everything sounds under high gain. Not as much noise as I thought, very clean.

Croyote

Re: Guitar Rig

Post by Croyote » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:29 am

Looks killer!

Open up those shelves and show us what kind of Moogerfoogers you are working with.

I was just thinking about picking up some Molten Voltage stuff. How do you like their MIDI controllers for sending messages to the Midi Moog pedals?

Ricinulei

Post by Ricinulei » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:20 am

I will post some more detailed pics of them later today. I have the master control and a simi on the pedal board and the osmosis and a simi in the bottom shelf, the Midi comes out of the master control, into the G-quencer and out to the junction box on the bottom right, It goes up into the back of the RJM effects gizmo. I have the Freqbox, phasor, midi murf, and ring mod in loops that get switched in before the preamp, the Cluster flux, 104 delay, and filter are in the isolated loops that get switched into the effects loop of the Mark V. The midi goes down to the amp gizmo and into the osmosis, then the simi and ends at the 4 way MV midi splitty that connects the 104 delay, the cluster flux and the Midi murf. you can sit there by the rack and play as you select the cc number for whatever knob your setting and tweak your modulation and delay and then save it to the preset. It works Great! Theres something about the Filter and Chan 3 of the mark V, it sounds very thick on the mark iv mode, pretty extreme to be honest.

Ricinulei

Post by Ricinulei » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:18 pm

Croyote

Post by Croyote » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:54 am

Pretty wicked . . . it has me think about a rack.

How much does in weigh in total? Easy to cart around?

Ricinulei

Post by Ricinulei » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:13 am

Its easy to roll around but not so easy to lift. it would be very nice to have 2 smaller cases made, one with the effects and one with 2 amps in it. A rack case with just the moogs and an amp sitting on top would work, but the way I did it is fine if you have a trailer or something like that.

Ricinulei

Post by Ricinulei » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:55 am

Ernie ball BFR JP6
Mesa Boogie Mark V Chan 3
Moog low pass filter and Delay in effects loop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fXL-SI5NwM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVuaSdpNruw

Croyote

Post by Croyote » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:38 am

I used to play a turqouise BFR JPX w/ a roasted maple neck . . . that was one sick and very playable guitar.

I ultimately decided the neck was too wide for my hands (coming from a classical guy!) and I didn't like the overall neck shape, but it had an incredible frequency range and was nice for vertical playing. I replaced it with a Paul Vo Collector's Edition Moog Guitar that I played for 3 years, but I sold that too. :cry: Now I play a Vo-96 and a few other guitars that complement it.

The rig looks awesome, but it's way way too heavy for me to copycat. :lol:

You've definitely clued me into the Molten Voltage stuff. Which one is the best for just sending simple CC messages like say accessing the "smooth random wave" from the cluster flux and delay?

Ricinulei

Post by Ricinulei » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:55 am

You can use anything that sends program change messages to switch presets, but you have to have the osmosis, and a simi to program it. the osmosis can even send the midi note on stuff that other controllers cant do I think so its really nice for moog stuff. The MV master control only sends program changes and not CC. the osmosis receives the program change and can send a whole bunch of CC and note on, on a bunch of midi channels depending on your splitter. the 4 way splitter they make is cool, you can have 3 moogs on it and continue your midi path, and the osmosis is a buffer so you can have a lot of cable after it.