VXL and Fooger Questions

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
HookedOnSonics

VXL and Fooger Questions

Post by HookedOnSonics » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:59 pm

Are there videos available free or for purchase on how to best setup MoogerFoogers with VXL?
We noticed that allot of sounds and current sales video's feature MF and Guitars. We figured the MF Super Delay was a fan favorite for both Guitars and VXL so that's on the top of the list if the chips are acquired. For just the XL, can you folks suggest two more that would accent the 104 Super Delay for the XL?

Thanks in advance for the your INPUT and Feedback...feedback ... feebac!!!
Moog One - A Poly Menance, SynthWars-The Rise of the Korg Apr2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, Vintage D 2016, Voyager of Sinbad XL, ClaraVox, FoogerFamilyOfSix, 3MothersLikeNoOthers, Kronos II - InstantKarma'sGonnaGetYou, Arp&theOdyssey, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, UniversalAudio&U67, Criklon2, ElektronRytmAvenueMKII

MRNUTTY

Re: VXL and Fooger Questions

Post by MRNUTTY » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:19 pm

The cool thing about the MF104's is that the feedback loop is externalized. You can use any MF in the feedback path to apply it's effect multiplicatively. Aside from that, the MF107 can add an additional OSC - I can have 5 OSC's on my Voyager - the MF103 phasor, and MF102 ring modulator are unlike anything you can achieve with the base Voyager XL. MF105 Murfs, and MF208 clusterflux both add new functionality. The only MF that would be somewhat redundant is the MF101 low pass filter, but there are unique things it can do like it's envelope follower in the feedback loop.
VoyagerEB, Minitaur, LittlePhattyII, 4xSlimPhatty, Sub37, MF[2x101,2x102,103,104M,105,105B,105M,2x107,108M], 3xCP251, XV351, MP201;
2xMother 32, DFAM, Subharmonicon;
System 55 and Minimoog clones with lots of mods.

HookedOnSonics

Post by HookedOnSonics » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:53 pm

So if you had put a stake in the ground and order three, which three Moogers would you buy first and why? We're trying to understand the impact that those three moogers would have on a VXL or even a V.

Thanks for the Feedback!!!
Moog One - A Poly Menance, SynthWars-The Rise of the Korg Apr2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, Vintage D 2016, Voyager of Sinbad XL, ClaraVox, FoogerFamilyOfSix, 3MothersLikeNoOthers, Kronos II - InstantKarma'sGonnaGetYou, Arp&theOdyssey, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, UniversalAudio&U67, Criklon2, ElektronRytmAvenueMKII

HookedOnSonics

Post by HookedOnSonics » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:02 pm

Also is there a huge difference in the 104 Super vs regular?

jsharpphoto

Post by jsharpphoto » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:00 pm

At this point, buy whichever of the 104's you can:
A. Find
B. Afford

I have the 104m (non-sd) and it's awesome. They are incredibly expensive since the discontinuation. People seem to think they are made of rocking horse manure.
Moog Format Modular
Model D (2016)
Moog Subsequent37
Oberheim OB-6
Sequential Rev2

Vsyevolod

Post by Vsyevolod » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:59 pm

I have at least one of each of the Foogers, and some duplicates and triplicates.

For running synths through, my favourites are the Delay, Phaser, and ClusterFlux. For FSU, my favourites are the FreqBox, and RingMod. For good EQ and all around sonic control, the LowPass Filter and Murf are indispensable. I know I've just listed all of them, though it's really up to what you are trying to achieve.

Stephen