Brand New 104M Stuck in Bypass Mode

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
continuous

Brand New 104M Stuck in Bypass Mode

Post by continuous » Sat May 30, 2015 9:25 pm

Well the title says it all, my new 104m pedal is stuck in bypass mode. I have only used the 104m for maybe 3 or 4 hours! It hasn't been stepped on or dropped or mishandled in any way. :(

No matter what I do it stays lit in red. Tried sending CC 80 and it seems to receive it by just turning yellow for a moment but then goes back to red.

I can't put it in bootloader mode to do a factory reset... does this mean the switch is broken?

Any suggestions?

Thanks (and Hello BTW)!

EDIT: Was subsequently able to activate/deactivate bypass using midi cc 80 and the lemur control template but the switch just doesn't work physically at all. Guess I need to contact support, but any suggestions welcome.

c7sus

Re: Brand New 104M Stuck in Bypass Mode

Post by c7sus » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:51 am

When you send CC-80 what value are you sending?

I haven't spent a lot of time using my 104MSD with MIDI control but I played with it a bit tonight and noticed some weirdness. Like MIDI CC's listed in the manual don't match up to at least one function, namely, MIDI Note Mode. The MSD lists CC-113 but I can't seem to get any function from that command. I get function from sending CC-82 (listed as spillover enable on the 104MSD), but then all sounds stop from the delay when sending a value below 64 even as new keys are pressed. When the value is set below 64 I have to re-punch the existing patch to get sound again, or raise the value above 64.

Hopefully some folks with more experience using these delays with MIDI will chime in.
Voyager EB #165, T3 #292, MF-101, 102, 103, 104SD, 2x104MSD, 105M, 107, 108M, MP-201, VX-351, CP-251, Frostwave Fat Controller.

continuous

Re: Brand New 104M Stuck in Bypass Mode

Post by continuous » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:57 pm

I was eventually able to get all the midi functionality working though I did have the same experience as you, Midi Note Mode seemed to have no effect, and TBH, I'm not sure what that mode is but I was willing to try anything to get my 104m working properly. Nothing seemed to do the trick so I called support and they were extremely helpful. My initial suspicion was that trying to send sync out of a KP3 put the 104m into a weird midi mode but alas even a Factory Reset had no affect.