What's going to replace the 3 foogers?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
benulous

What's going to replace the 3 foogers?

Post by benulous » Thu May 14, 2015 12:00 pm

So, they've discontinued the Freqbox, MidiMurf and Analog Delay...That leaves a pretty big space to fill, I'd think.

The delay has always been advertised as limited because of the chips, but the other two seem to be fairly beloved and well used. I'm wondering if there is something new in the pipeline that uses the tech out of those devices so they don't overlap? What would that look like? Multiple resonance filters? Hardsync LFO? Do you think they're building next gen Sub37 with resonance filters? New poly synth? Updated Mnimoog w/ seq/arp? New consumer modular line?

My mind is racing at all the possibilities. Hopefully we aren't looking at a bunch of minifoogz...

eh. anyhow, I'd like to hear what you guys were thinking/dreaming...
-Ben
http://www.facebook.com/slowearth
http://www.slowearth.bandcamp.com
White Voyager XL, 2xM32s, Theremini, 7xMoogerfoogers, NordLead2, Access Indigo2, Eventide Space, Alesis Wedge
Bass Guitars (Moog Drive, FX25, SYB5, FX72, ODB3, Markbass Compressore)

Bonefish67

Re: What's going to replace the 3 foogers?

Post by Bonefish67 » Thu May 14, 2015 2:05 pm

A 3 oscillator drum machine with sequencer, noise, modulation and multiple filter options would be awesome......
-Mike

facon

Post by facon » Thu May 14, 2015 2:12 pm

I vote for Fooger sized Spring Reverb, Octaver,and a midi preset controller! I do have a feeling that nothing will be coming to replace them though. If the minifoogers had much more success, we'll probably be seeing more of them in the future.

meterman

Post by meterman » Thu May 14, 2015 4:44 pm

I could go for a
Vocoder
Arpeggiator
Freq box with octave options lower & upper or both with a loop for adding distortion.
A MF-101 with envelopes in either direction and maybe HP and BP like the mutron

Gladmarr

Post by Gladmarr » Thu May 14, 2015 5:25 pm

A freqbox that will go below the fundamental would be nice.

DonutDude

Post by DonutDude » Thu May 14, 2015 7:41 pm

By discontinuing moogerfoogers maybe Moog is clearing table space to make room for the new Polymoog... or maybe not. :)

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Fri May 15, 2015 3:07 am

OT: heh, I just figured out how to get rid of Gladmarr's ridiculous avatar sig with Adblock :D

Let me guess that as these are the most original effects Moog makes, they could be contenders for reincarnation in new modules. Maybe they figured that running two competing products would be detrimental to sales. People would probably still buy a new Moog filter in modular format, even though it's been totally done to death. The interesting point of 'foogers is that they have multiple functions, albeit limited in modularity:

101: LPF + envelope follower + mixer
102: ringmod + VCO + LFO + mixer
103: phaser + LFO
104: BBD (+ LFO) + mixer
105: 8xBPF (or 7 + 1xLPF) + clock + sequencer + global VCA + AD envelope + LFO (?) + mixer
107: VCO + PLL + envelope follower + mixer
108: BBD + LFO + mixer

251: mixer + mult + S&H + noise + (attenu/in)verter + slew + LFO

Seeing as the MF-101 came out in 1999 and there are now miniFoogers on the table, perhaps Moog wants to cater to the guitar market with the more limited models and branch out into proper modular at the expense of full 'foogers.

benulous

Post by benulous » Fri May 15, 2015 7:54 am

latigid on wrote:Seeing as the MF-101 came out in 1999 and there are now miniFoogers on the table, perhaps Moog wants to cater to the guitar market with the more limited models and branch out into proper modular at the expense of full 'foogers.
I'd love/hate to see an updated flagship synth. Seems like modular is teh new hotnezz these days. So, realistically, I could totally see Moog capitalizing on this since they're already building out a whole shop in Asheville and allocating resources to build out the big modular systems (55, 35, 15). Perhaps you're right and we're looking at these 'foogers going full-steam modular so there's less overlap.
-Ben
http://www.facebook.com/slowearth
http://www.slowearth.bandcamp.com
White Voyager XL, 2xM32s, Theremini, 7xMoogerfoogers, NordLead2, Access Indigo2, Eventide Space, Alesis Wedge
Bass Guitars (Moog Drive, FX25, SYB5, FX72, ODB3, Markbass Compressore)