My first Moogerfooger trick!

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
wagard

My first Moogerfooger trick!

Post by wagard » Wed May 13, 2015 3:52 am

I picked up a MF101 and I've been loving it. I was using the UAD plug on just about everything for over a year so I thought it was time to snag the unit it was based on. First thing that I noticed was that it was way noisier in the best possible way than the plug. Also the drive imparted a musicality the emulation just couldn't. So my head spun: what can I do with a slightly musical, very good noisy drive into a LP filter?
New york compression thats what. I've been putting the 101 on a send track and pushing my kick, bass and sometimes other noises that could use more weight into it, driving the ever living day lights out of it and mixing it back in real real low. It adds both sub frequencies for loud environments and some grit so bass noises maintain clarity for the ear bud / laptop listeners of the world.
Is this old news? I'm shocked. Whats next for this guy? Production, mix and mastering more than live... for now.

Vsyevolod

Re: My first Moogerfooger trick!

Post by Vsyevolod » Wed May 27, 2015 2:55 pm

Thanks for sharing! There's always more to learn about these puppies.

Stephen