your favorite mooger configuration

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
swiss_destruction

your favorite mooger configuration

Post by swiss_destruction » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:35 am

well i just thought that it would be nice if we all share our insight on moogerfiguration so...just write down what parameters and cv patches and what moogs you use
for now i only use the phaser and the lowpass but still i can get some neet stuff from self oscillation and combinning some cv's and also by hooking up an instrument....this month i'm gonna get the cp251 :twisted: and get a bit crazy with it...anyway i'm not home so i can't check my "patch notation book" so when i'l get home i'l post something
today's sh@it is the manure for tomorrow's roses

GregAE

Re: your favorite mooger configuration

Post by GregAE » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:04 am

swiss_destruction wrote:well i just thought that it would be nice if we all share our insight on moogerfiguration so...just write down what parameters and cv patches and what moogs you use

..anyway i'm not home so i can't check my "patch notation book" so when i'l get home i'l post something
I'd be interested to see how you notate these patches. I don't think I've seen a truely good method yet.

- Greg

Impossible Sound

Post by Impossible Sound » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:12 pm

Patch diagrams can get messy and confusing. The simple ones like in the Mooger Manuals are ok, but things can get real complicated when dealing with a modular synth.

I usually make a list of each knob position and what each jack is connected to.

analoghaze

Post by analoghaze » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:20 am

I just wired up something a bit different from what I've done before.

It involves a Moog delay and a MuRF.

Loop Out of the delay into the MuRF.
One of the outputs of the MuRF into the Loop In.
The other MuRF output is wired into the Input on the delay.

This gives me the 2 audio outputs of the delay to process.

In all reality though, I have not worked with this set-up a whole lot, and this idea is quite simple, but it did spawn a new idea that will be wired up soon.
Music can Name the Unnamable and Communicate the Unknowable.

'I am... everything is... changed... they're calling... your face... interwoven... who is...' Patient mumbles inaudibly to a tune (sounds like 'Thanks for the memory).

peter ripa

Post by peter ripa » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:23 pm

thats my favourite murf patching too

edit: no i only use one loop ie murf in between repeats
www.peterripa.com
http://www.peterripa.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?action=musik

wademalorgan

Post by wademalorgan » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:33 am

I'm sure a lot of you have tried this but it sounds so weird I just had to post:
I've been messing around with my guitar, the 101, 104z and a cp251 and got this crazy warble-like sound using the envelope out of the low pass into the delay time input of the 104z. The key is to set your delay mix to 10 and your delay time to 0. Now you are only hearing your delayed, time modulated signal. Very cool pitch shifting. This effect is great but not too subtle. To tame it, I simply lower the voltage of the envelope follower. Instead of patching directly from the lowpass env. out to the delay time in, I patch the envelope to an attenuator on the cp251 and then out to the delay time. Keeping the attenuation very low (i'd say anywhere from 0 to 2). The note you play sounds like it begins a half to one whole step up then bends down to the original pitch as your envelope closes. Almost sounds like you're playing on a guitar that's been detuned 4 whole steps.

wademalorgan