Future Retro Orb Sequencing

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
didlisquat

Future Retro Orb Sequencing

Post by didlisquat » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:39 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odrfRlGnwrI

This video was what made me decide to get the Future Retro Orb when they came back in stock recently

I was wondering if anyone else uses an Orb for sequencing and how they go about it (sequencers in general) ?

On paper it seems like the Orb voltages wouldn't match the Moogerfoogers, but Amos seems to have them working fine

Is it better for me to use the CP~251 when connecting these or can i go straight into the Foogers?

I have a Minitaur as well, but I am probably going to just do midi out with the Tempest for that

The Orb and CP~251 are both new to my set up, any tips you can give me to get the most out of them?

I have all the Moogerfoogers (CP~251 too) minus the MF~102

pelissarim

Re: Future Retro Orb Sequencing

Post by pelissarim » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:26 pm

+1 Has anyone used this sequencer before as well? I am definitely interested havent heard of this one before.

didlisquat

Post by didlisquat » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:09 am

I'm connecting the midi thru of the Orb into my Murf, Super Delay and Cluster Flux

I'm going to experiment with the CP~251 and Analog Control portion (cv,gate and accent) to see what i can do with the FreqBox, Low Pass, and Flanger

I'm also running the Roland Gaia into the audio in of the first in the chain and through the audio in / out of the other five ending with the stereo out of the Cluster Flux

didlisquat

Post by didlisquat » Sun May 10, 2015 9:57 pm

Call it a Bump, but...

I'm a bit scared to go Orb to CP~251 even though Amos makes it look like nothing (although he is CV'ing the Minitaur) I'm expression pedaling the Minitaur instead)
It just doesn't seem the voltages match up, even though Amos makes it look like they do
Is this simply Moogoo or to say Moog Voodoo or am I missing something as usual??
I'm going to midi up the three foogers I can and just CP~251 them until I figure out or someone chimes in that it's safe to Orb the CP~251 to the foogers
Rookie as I am, I'm going to make this work one way or another
Over my head, but better to hope to learn with the materials present than not having them around to try and get a handle on I guess

Vsyevolod

Post by Vsyevolod » Tue May 12, 2015 3:09 am

I'd strongly suggest emailing Amos, as he'd be in the best position to tell you what to look out for (if anything). It's okay, he doesn't bite.

Stephen

didlisquat

Post by didlisquat » Tue May 12, 2015 7:45 pm

Thanks! I shall do that.

didlisquat

Post by didlisquat » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:19 pm

Does anyone know how I can email Amos?

I've tried going through Tech Support in hopes that they could answer a few questions or pass on my questions to Amos, but no luck as of yet. I sent my questions to Tech Support on July 25th.