MF-104M quirk

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
zanewells

MF-104M quirk

Post by zanewells » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:45 pm

I've been using the V 1.1.3 firmware since it came out sending MIDI from Ableton Live to control a few parameters, mainly delay time and it works great, especially now that I can subdivide time signatures-great job Moog! This weekend though, everything was working normal except that the Time LED was not blinking at all, even though the tap tempo still worked and the MIDI signal still got to the delay. I resent the firmware, recalibrated, etc. and everything went back to normal for until the next time I powered on the unit. After two more updates and recalibrations it seems to be working properly, I powered on and off a few times and sent multiple MIDI commands just to ease my conscience and it goes back to normal. Just curious if anyone has any insight or similar experience.

This is what my setup looks like in case these variables matter.
MacBook Pro with Ableton Live> Firewire cable>M-Audio Profire 610>5 pin MIDI cable>MF 104M
I also use a USB/MIDI M-Audio Keyboard to launch scenes in Ableton.

stewdio

Re: MF-104M quirk

Post by stewdio » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:21 pm

I had the same issue, after erasing and resending firmware and recalibrating it is fine again... also running 1.1.3 before and after - I think it may have been some sort of MIDI induced confusion in the 104 as I noticed it immediately after using the 'edit' mode on my M-Audio key station controller which I had connected via the DIN to my 104m and is something I had never done before... It was fine as far as I know up until then (having just adjusted and looked at it moments before)
instagram.com/stew_crookes
stewcrookes.com

~ all meters ~ all red ~ all the time ~

MSPR

Re: MF-104M quirk

Post by MSPR » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:56 pm

Hey Guys,

Cool to see some other people using live to control Moogerfoogers! I have a question related to the above - just wondering if you have been successful in using midi cc 80 (bypass on/off) to turn the unit on and off?

My MF104M seems to not accept that midi CC! All the others work fine though, so I'm a little confused. I'm hoping it's not a hardware fault...

Anyway, any info would be super appreciated :) It's kinds the final piece of the Moogerfooger midi puzzle i need to solve - I have them on my pedalboard with current setup: Macboo Pro > USB midi cable > Disaster Area DMC8D Midi Controller > 5 pin midi out into MF-104M.