103's lfo rate and 101's freq

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
swiss_destruction

103's lfo rate and 101's freq

Post by swiss_destruction » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:21 am

hi people...first time i post here so nice to me fellow sound crazy heads
anyway
does anyone know if the lfo rate of the phaser can be synced in some way?
and does anyone know if it's possible to get some kind of cv/midi converter that i could use to plug a keyboard in to the freq input in the mf 101 and use it as some kind of vco
thanx's
today's sh@it is the manure for tomorrow's roses

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:06 pm

Welcome

As far as I know:

If you're trying to sync CV (e.g LFO rate) to MIDI, it's quite difficult without software, i.e. the Moog Voyager and I'm sure some others can. If you wanted to use the phaser LFO on another CV input, just plug a cord from LFO OUT to destination. More than one destination? You need a mult.. Try a CP-251.

If you check out squarewave

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Squarewave/

you'll find an article (under "files", I think) that shows you how to use the ring modulator carrier as a VCO that tracks the keyboard. You will require a Moog Voyager and the VX-351, as the CVs must be attentuated to track the keyboard properly. In theory, this could be done on the MF-101 with the resonance cranked, but who knows.

Hope this helps

Modularfan

Post by Modularfan » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:57 pm

The article is called "Lord of the Ring (Modulation)". It's a PDF file located in the Voyager FYI folder.

The article explains how to use the Ring Mod's VCO as a fourth oscillator for the Voyager. You need a Voyager and VX-351 Expander to get access to the keyboard CV, and you use an attenuator on the VX-351 to scale the CV for the Ring Mod. The thing works great! It's VERY COOL to have four oscillators to play with on the Vger!

Yet another reason to own a Moogerfooger RingMod. I'm thinking about buying a second one!

- MF

swiss_destruction

Post by swiss_destruction » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:01 pm

i know that to connect the lfo to some cv input i just need to patch it up but what i asked is if there is any way somebody knows to sync that lfo(the phaser lfo) to lets say cubase or reason or anything like that

peter ripa

Post by peter ripa » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:09 am

there is no way, since there is no way to reset the internal lfo.
if you want to sync the sweep use a midi-cv device (ie kenton) that has cv-out lfo that are syncable to midi and then patch it to sweep in
www.peterripa.com
http://www.peterripa.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?action=musik

swiss_destruction

Post by swiss_destruction » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:10 am

yeah thanx about the info on kenton although i know the company....
do you know if i can run a midi keyboard in to one of their midi to cv converters and somehow connect it to the freq input in the mf101 to control the freq of the filter in self oscillation as somekind of vco???

peter ripa

Post by peter ripa » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:20 am

havent tried it myself but think i remember someone posting here that the 101 didnt track very well
www.peterripa.com
http://www.peterripa.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?action=musik