MF-104m Midi buzz

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Darcmorcel

MF-104m Midi buzz

Post by Darcmorcel » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:52 am

Hi everybody,

I've recently noticed something strange with my MF-104m : when I midi-sync it directly with my DAW (cubase 4) through my Emu Xmidi 1x1 cable, I can ear a background "buzz" in the MF audio out as soon as I press play on my software and the fooger gets the midi messages, even if nothing is played in the audio in. It's like you can ear the electric midi signal leaking in the audio out. :cry:
However the problem disappears if I sync the MF with my software but with a drum machine between the Emu cable and the MF (using the drum machine's midi thru).

Did some of you guys ever face the same kind of midi-audio interference problem ?

Alien8

Re: MF-104m Midi buzz

Post by Alien8 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:14 pm

I've had similar issues with a similar cable.

Now I use USB to an axiom keyboard controller and use the thru to a splitter that feeds multiple devices. No noise this way. Something about having a powered device between the moots and the computer seems to fix the problem. It could be that the powered device is eliminating noise in the computers USB circuits?

Moog stuff typically amplifies noise present in a signal path. Not a bad thing tho, just a thing, lots of high end devices do it.
Vibration emanates from all things, even nothing. Using awareness to translate vibration into "music" is something that I am whole heartedly grateful for.

Darcmorcel

Re: MF-104m Midi buzz

Post by Darcmorcel » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:02 am

Ok, so I'm not alone !
I was thinking about an iConnectMIDI4+ recently, seems like a good choice now :)
Thanks for sharing your experience !