Powering up bypass status

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
dr_slingo

Powering up bypass status

Post by dr_slingo » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:30 pm

Hi,

Is there any way to designate the status of a moogerfooger when it's 'powered up', such that it's automatically engaged when it's fired up, or automatically disengaged? My MF-104M and Freqbox seem to power on with the bypass on, while the others power up with the bypass off, which seems rather random.

Thanks

facon

Re: Powering up bypass status

Post by facon » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:34 am

I asked customer support about this around a year ago and they said no. I wonder if there is a code change that could be performed in one of their midi updates?

It's a little strange that they don't all have the same bypass state when powered on. It's just another thing you have to remember when you have a pedalboard and have to change a bunch every time you power it on.

MC

Post by MC » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:41 pm

Try holding down the footswitch while powering on.

If that puts it in bypass mode, it may be as simple as adding a cap across the footswitch terminals. The cap will act as a brief short circuit on power up, which looks like a closed footswitch to the pedal.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

Vsyevolod

Post by Vsyevolod » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:43 pm

I have wondered this same thing myself. Fortunately, I have special lights on mine which allow me to see at a glance whether I need to engage something or not.

Stephen

facon

Post by facon » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:23 pm

Vsyevolod wrote:I have wondered this same thing myself. Fortunately, I have special lights on mine which allow me to see at a glance whether I need to engage something or not.

Stephen

I have a pedalboard with a looper. So, I keep all of my pedals engaged at all times. When you're pressed for setup time at a show and used to everything being on, the bypass status just adds one more thing to your list of what to do before starting to play. It's not worth getting upset about, but is certainly something that's worth a mention.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:20 pm

And... Sometimes the stage loses power, inevitably while the band is in the Green Room.

It's just nice to know that everything is the way you need it as you walk on stage.

Radio station personalities have a terrible habit of loudly announcing your band long before you've plugged in and turned up. The audience is cheering and you want to hit that first note as soon as possible.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _