MF-101 + Microphone Into Synth

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
facon

MF-101 + Microphone Into Synth

Post by facon » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:46 pm

I'm not sure if this has been posted before. Today I hooked a microphone into my MF-101 audio input. Then put the Envelope out into various inputs of my MG-1 Synth. I thought the Pitch CV was interesting. The louder you yell, the higher the pitch raises. It ended up sounding similar to a Theramin. Check it out for a hands free and interesting way to manipulate CV.

meterman

Re: MF-101 + Microphone Into Synth

Post by meterman » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:10 pm

That's a cool idea, would be nice on a snare drum as well

_DemonDan_

Re: MF-101 + Microphone Into Synth

Post by _DemonDan_ » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:27 pm

facon wrote:I hooked a microphone into my MF-101 AUDIO IN. Then put the ENV OUT into various inputs of my MG-1 Synth. I thought the Pitch CV was interesting. The louder you yell, the higher the pitch raises. It ended up sounding similar to a Theremin. Check it out for a hands-free and interesting way to manipulate CV.
Another fun use for a mic and the MF-101's ENV OUT is to send its CV to the CV IN of a VCA with a busy sound going through it.

Now you can simply blow rhythmic bursts of air into the mic and have your busy sound played in rhythmic pulses.

It's very dramatic and surprisingly easy to create rhythmically-complex bursts of air using flutter tonguing.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _