MF-104m Delay Problem

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Poly16

MF-104m Delay Problem

Post by Poly16 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:31 pm

hello

I have a big problem with my MF-104m Delay when I connect it to my Minimoog Voyager XL is only a scraping noise. I have the MF-104m Delay newly exchanged, it is still not working. I think it is because of my Minimoog Voyager XL, something's wrong. I have connected the it as it says in the description but it will not. What am I doing wrong, I hope you can help me who
Minimoog Voyager XL, Korg King Korg, MFB Dominion 1, Marienberg Devices Germany 2 × Multiples, Moogerfoogers MF-104M MF-108M-MF-103-MF-107-CP-251, Dreadbox Omikron Pedal

Curtis CEM 3340 VCO-Chip Analog Poly is the Future

JnGd

Re: MF-104m Delay Problem

Post by JnGd » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:46 pm

Hi,

first, describe to us how everything is interconnected please.

Vsyevolod

Post by Vsyevolod » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:50 pm

Exactly, a big mistake is to put the delay into the insert in/out. It just won't work...

Stephen

Poly16

Post by Poly16 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:42 pm

Here is a picture of my Voyager XL and my MF-104m.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-DaJyTR3kp2o/V ... 741%2B.jpg
Minimoog Voyager XL, Korg King Korg, MFB Dominion 1, Marienberg Devices Germany 2 × Multiples, Moogerfoogers MF-104M MF-108M-MF-103-MF-107-CP-251, Dreadbox Omikron Pedal

Gladmarr

Post by Gladmarr » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:54 pm

Poly16 wrote:Here is a picture of my Voyager XL and my MF-104m.

That doesn't look right. It looks like you have your delay hooked into the MULT. Maybe if your output went somewhere else, but this just like like you have input and output hooked to the same line.

You'd need either an insert cable to hook your delay to the mixer out/filter in connection (which will cut off the delay sound with your amplitude envelope) or you need to go from the left/mono output, through the delay, then to your amplifier.

Poly16

Post by Poly16 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:16 pm

strange why then work my two other Moogerfooger FreqBox and cluster Flux, I just connect and it works, just my MF-104m does not want maybe because it is a delay? :?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hLBtrVyAiNI/V ... 329%2B.jpg

Alien8

Post by Alien8 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:34 pm

I don't mean to be insulting, but you are doing it wrong.

What example did you follow?

These pictures paint some clues why.

1) in the delay picture, you show a TRS cable from the insert to the Multi (green). Then you show two instrument cables from the Multi to the delay. You are basically doing the same thing as plugging the output of the delay back into the input. But, you also are only sending this signal to the tip in the Multi. You need a signal on the ring to return and complete the loop.

2) the "working" picture is different. It appears that you are using TRS cables from the foogers back to the Multi, and a single instrument cable to bridge the two multis. I'm not exactly sure why you would be getting sound, but it's likely that you got lucky by using an instrument cable to bridge the multis.

To reiterate what Gladmarr said; Try to set up the delay like you have the ClusterFlux and remove the freq box. Use the same exact cables and routing that you show. It might work, but I'm not sure that's the best way to set it up. I suggest you use a true "insert" cable. A stereo TRS to mono TS Y cable. Plug one side into the input, and the other into the output. You could also do this with the freqbox and ClusterFlux rig, with a single cable from the out of one into the in of the other.

Hope that helps.

*** edit, upon closer inspection, it looks like all of your cables are TS (second photo on the table). So what you are essentially doing is sending all of the inputs and outputs to the same place. It would make an interesting sound certainly, and you might be lucky that it worked for you and I can only assume it was intentional since you have probably read the manual? Let us know if you figure more out!
Vibration emanates from all things, even nothing. Using awareness to translate vibration into "music" is something that I am whole heartedly grateful for.