What should be purchased next?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Rnwest

What should be purchased next?

Post by Rnwest » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:24 pm

Just recieved my MF-101 and love it. What should I get next?

theglyph

Post by theglyph » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:03 am

Ha, that's any easy one.

Definitly a Voyager!

Would anyone else disagree?

Rnwest

Post by Rnwest » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:07 am

I was thinking more along the lines of the MF-102 or the CP-251...... The MF-101 has me wanting to do nothing but play my guitar all day! Expression pedal is on the way.

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:58 am

Rnwest wrote:I was thinking more along the lines of the MF-102 or the CP-251...... The MF-101 has me wanting to do nothing but play my guitar all day! Expression pedal is on the way.
i picked up the phaser after the 101. with the lfo on it alone you'll get tons of milage between the two.
www.ctrlshft.com

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:07 am

I'd get the Ring Mod. Not only do you get both a square and triangle LFO for modulation, but you get the carrier to use as a mod and audio source.

theglyph

Post by theglyph » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:47 am

i can understand the awsome qualities of the moogerfoogers since i'm a Mf-101 user but....

Once i plugged my Les Paul into my Voyager input all else was secondary!
Sell your car and you will not be disapointed. It is more than you can imagine!

MarkM

Post by MarkM » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:04 am

The Ring Mod is what I would get next. Like the above post said, you get the LFOs. Besides getting crazy RM bell tones, at slower speeds the MF 102 produces a very nice and useful tremelo.
Mark Mahoney
http://www.reverbnation.com/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney

Indeed

Post by Indeed » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:34 am

ring mod is dope. extremely lush & warm tremolos... + lots of weird atonal bells & gongs...

:idea:
MPC3000, MF-101, 102, 103, 104Z, 105M, 108m, 107, CP-251, MINI MODEL D, OB-8, ALESIS A6, ARP ODYSSEY MK1, RHODES MK1

analoghaze

Post by analoghaze » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:29 pm

What should I get next?

get a haircut you freak!!!

Realy, it depends on what you already own and your style of playing. If I were to put them in order of coolness, it would be:
Delay 1004z. (but remember you NEED more effects {moog} to use the loop)
MuRF
Ring Mod.

Since you already own the filter, I don't think you will be disappointed with the Moog RM. It can easily do outer space stuff. I use 2 of them. {2 MuRF and delay as well}
Music can Name the Unnamable and Communicate the Unknowable.

'I am... everything is... changed... they're calling... your face... interwoven... who is...' Patient mumbles inaudibly to a tune (sounds like 'Thanks for the memory).

asd

Post by asd » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:34 pm

if you've got the cash, i recommend picking up the delay. thing is amazing, especially with my guitar. i only had digital delays before and never understood why i always heard people talk up analogue delays, then i got a 104 and my eyes were opened...

for less money the ring mod is really good. you get more cv options to hook up the two pedals together. having all the crazy gong sounds and the really mellow tremolo is neat too, more versatility.

i don't really think you could go wrong with any of the pedals though

bman

What should i get next? Good question...

Post by bman » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:18 pm

Hi

Fine in here... :-)

I need some helpin hand. I played my first moog in the early eighties. I never heard of Moogerfoogers those days. I sold it in the late eighties. Now I bought another one: Minimoog Modell D. What could be the best Moogerfooger to start with? Definitely I am not interested in delays, but in modulating the sound. Can anybody help?

bman
--------
Minimoog D
Roland Spaceecho
Rhodes Mk1
Korg CX3
49-Keystation M-Audio
Apple PowerBook Pismo OSX

[email protected]

MarkM

Post by MarkM » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:34 pm

Like I said above, I'm a sucker for the Ring Modulator.
Mark Mahoney

GregAE

OT

Post by GregAE » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:05 pm

MarkM wrote:Like I said above, I'm a sucker for the Ring Modulator.
Mark -
Not to hijack the topic here, but nice job on the Moog DVD! Great to see all the products demostrated with some depth, and Brian seems like a pretty cool guy.

Was wondering about the audio though - was there a reason for not using a wireless mic on Brian? Lot's of dropouts when he turned away from the stationary mic. Didn't keep me from enjoying it, however. :-)

Back on topic: Like you, I'm a big fan of the Ring Mod, and would recommend it to anyone, but especially to Voyager owners.

- Greg

MarkM

Post by MarkM » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:18 pm

There was a reason for not using a wireless lavalier, but for the life of me, I can't remember what it was. Perhaps the ambient sound level, I just don't remember because we shot that back in the fall. I had two lavs with me. That was a fun gig. It was shot at the Orange Peel in Asheville in front of an audience, and the sound system was huge and fantastic. The instruments were very loud. When Brian hit that first bass note on the Voyager, the place shook. My 20-pound camera's viewfinder started shaking violently, and I was worried that the vibrations were going to effect the video. Yes, Brian is a great and personable guy. In fact, everyone I met at Moog Music was incredibly nice. A tip of the hat to Jared White in marketing.

Yes, The Ring Mod is such a versatile tool. It's good to see it addressed on Squarewave. I would like to see other people's creative uses of it.
Mark Mahoney

tunedLow

Post by tunedLow » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:10 am