my next fooger?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
scottdavidson

my next fooger?

Post by scottdavidson » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:17 pm

greetings, first post here,will try to keep it brief.

Currently own a freq box and a mf101 lpf,using them in conjunction with a microbrute as a semimodular frankenmono type thing.Love the foogers, really love them.Which one would you good people recommend as an addition to this setup.I already own 4 great delays so the mf104 is out.

thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Alien8

Re: my next fooger?

Post by Alien8 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:07 pm

I'm going to recommend the MuRF to you. Reason is that it offers you something you don't yet have being animation & synchronizing via lots of options.

The ring mod, phaser and flux are all great, but in your case they may be just really cool sounding effects as their extended uses are already covered by your rig.

The other option is the CP-251 if you like messing with CV. It provides extended sound sculpting for your existing stuff.
Vibration emanates from all things, even nothing. Using awareness to translate vibration into "music" is something that I am whole heartedly grateful for.

EricK

Post by EricK » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:17 pm

Welcome to the forum!

+1 for the 102 or CP. You probably need both.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Vsyevolod

Post by Vsyevolod » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:27 pm

First choice, Ring Mod with a foot pedal to control oscillator sweeps.

Second the phaser, again with the foot pedal. I have two of them and they totally transform my electronic sounds into uber-rich harmonic sweeps.

Murf is most excellent, especially when you take it out of its 'most usual' mode and start slowing down the tempo to snail pace, real-time manipulation of the sliders, or programming your own patterns.

The ClusterFlux is the best stereoizer that I own. It takes an ordinary sound and breathes stereo life into it.

And of course the CP-251 is great for not only controlling your Foogers, but any other CV controllable modules that you are using.

In other words, get them all. :)

Stephen