104M Not Working - No Delay Sound

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
partyboy

104M Not Working - No Delay Sound

Post by partyboy » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:34 pm

I just received a new MF-104M and it's not working for some reason. I followed the instructions in the manual, but there is no sound when I enable the delay. Well, I can hear a faint sound, but with no delay. If I push the bypass button on the delay then I get a strong dry signal.

I'm powering the delay using a standard wall socket in my home here in the US. I'm not an electrician so I have no way to test the power (even if I did I wouldn't know what the heck I was doing). Does this sound like some problem with not meeting the power requirement of the delay (400 MA or what have ya) - I don't know much about electricity.

Let me know what ya think, I searched the forum and web and couldn't find a similar problem.

Thanks!

radioland

Re: 104M Not Working - No Delay Sound

Post by radioland » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:54 pm

Have you set your drive, output and mix controls properly?
Sub Phatty, MF-101, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-107 (3), MF-108M, CP-251 (2), EP-2, Gibson Les Paul Studio 60s Tribute, Fender 50s Precision Bass, EBS Valve Drive, Lehle Sunday Driver, EHX Big Muff Pi, EHX Stereo Pulsar, TC Electronic Trinity Reverb, Logic Pro X

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:52 pm

If you turn the feedback all the way up does it self-oscillate?

When you do hear a sound is it just a single delay?
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

partyboy

Post by partyboy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:57 pm

If I enable the delay I do not hear any sound unless I crank my am up and I can hear what I believe is a faint dry signal. However, if I bypass the delay I hear a dry signal at the expected volume. This seems like a fairly simple device so I think I must have a defective unit. I went back to the website that I purchased the delay from and they now show out of stock/back order for this item, could be that I was sold someone else's problem, ha.

I followed the initial setup instructions in the manual for the 104M and I was hoping that this was going to work, I was very surprised to find that it was a dud. I guess I'll just pack it up and send it back unless one of you guys have an idea as to what might be wrong. Seems pretty simple, audio in, audio out, twist a few knobs, but it no workie.

partyboy

Post by partyboy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:02 pm

Btw, how long does it usually take to get a reply from Moog support? This is the link I used, is this the best way to get a support response: http://www.moogmusic.com/contact

Vsyevolod

Post by Vsyevolod » Fri May 02, 2014 2:53 am

What are you running through the delay?

If by chance you are putting it in the FX send of your Voyager, that would explain everything...

Stephen

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Fri May 02, 2014 11:21 am

Try moving the Mix, Output Level and Drive knobs
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

Moog Music

Post by Moog Music » Fri May 02, 2014 12:31 pm

Hello Partyboy,
This is a strange issue that would most likely be related to using an incorrect power supply, so let me ask a few questions:

• Are you using the included 400mA power supply with "center pin" positive connector?

• Is anything plugged into the Feedback insert?

• Are you sure you are plugging into the "Audio In" jack and coming out of the "Mix Out" jack directly below it?

• Are the input and output levels on the unit turned up?

If all of the above are correct, please call our tech support department and they will get you square ASAP.
828-251-0090

- Your Friends @ Moog

partyboy

Post by partyboy » Sat May 03, 2014 9:26 pm

Thanks for the replies!

I'm using the power supply that came with the unit, it says Moog Music 9V DC 400mA. I've tried connecting the output of several synths to the Audio In on the delay and then the Mix Out to my audio interface and it's definitely working. Like I mentioned, I get no sound when I activate the delay and twist the knobs, however, I do get a dry signal when I press the bypass button. I followed the setup instructions per the manual and no luck. I also bought a low pass filter and it's working as expected, no issues there. I'll just return this unit in exchange for another since I just bought it new a couple of days ago.

Thanks again for the replies!