Andy Hughes from the Moog Tech Department here...
I was able to replicate this issue with the new firmware installation that ends with an LED "frozen" either green or red using Sysex Librarian on a Mac. I was using an Emu Tab 1X1. However, I was able to fix this unit no problem by taking it to a Windows computer and using MIDI-Ox to reinstall the firmware. So the units are not damaged or "bricked", it is just that the firmware installation is not completing.
So here are some things to try to get past this lock up during the install:
1) Make sure that whatever USB to MIDI converter that you are using has the most up to date drivers.
2) Try a different Sysex handler. C6 is also usable on Mac, this may help. (http://www.elektron.se/products_section ... anager-osx
3) When using Sysex Librarian, do NOT have multiple .syx files highlighted when you hit Play, as sending things as batches seems to confuse the install.
4) One of my customers was able to get it to install using Sysex Librarian after failures by adjusting the transfer speed to about 25%.
4) If none of this helps, find a friend with a Windows computer and try installing it using MIDI Ox. I know this works just fine.
5) Also, I have noticed some of the USB to MIDI converters are not as great as they used to be. I have had good experiences with the older gray Emu 1X1 and with the M-Audio MIDISPORT UNO(which is available at Best Buy for $20-$30). I hate to suggest buying different hardware to solve a problem, but such is life.
If anyone else has problems or success after a failure please let me know, and share your solutions here as well. You can reach me at [email protected]
or by phone (828)-251-0090 xt. 221
Service Department Manager
Moog Music, Inc.