USB errors on MP201

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
fractalsoup

USB errors on MP201

Post by fractalsoup » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:28 pm

Hi, my mp201 just started playing up. With no power to unit the lights light up with usb plugged in?! When switching on the unit lights up but get blank screen. If I take out power cable and usb and then turn on again after about 3mins the unit will power on as long as the usb cable is disconnected.

CVs work not sure about midi DIN yet.

Any ideas or people who have had similar probs with this awesome multipedal. Had mine for three years and first time this has happened. :(

Thanks \m/

fractalsoup

Re: USB errors on MP201

Post by fractalsoup » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:51 pm

I checked MIDI in out and that working on DIN. Unit not recognised on usb. i can probably workaround usb with din only but would like the option.

jcsveth

Post by jcsveth » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:06 am

I do not know if this is related, but when my Little Phatty acted up with USB plugged in, I was told it was a ground loop problem and to get an isolated USB something-or-other or try different power outlets for the computer and synth.

Phos4escence

Post by Phos4escence » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:36 pm

This has happened twice to me when using the USB midi. Both times Bricked and had to send back to the factory. :( no wonder they don't make it anymore . I think they told me to try and update the firmware and nothing happened. They took care of it no charge(except shipping) and now I won't use the USB ever again and everything has been working great.
Good luck. Markus