MF-104M - Delay Time won't sync to midi clock.

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
OliverMaxMason

MF-104M - Delay Time won't sync to midi clock.

Post by OliverMaxMason » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:02 pm

Hi guys,

I recently bought an MF-104M and I'm over the moon with the sound. Absolutely unreal.

I am having an issue with synchronising the delay time with a midi clock signal though. The clock signal is being received by the 104M as the LFO light has turned orange but the delay time stays red and doesn't seem to be responding to anything? I've tried sending midi CC 89 from a midi clip in ableton (with a value over 63) as the support guys seems to think doing this will activate the sync function of the delay time but it just won't work!

Can anyone help?

Cheers,
Oliver

Kraftfaust

Re: MF-104M - Delay Time won't sync to midi clock.

Post by Kraftfaust » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:21 pm

Hi!

I just got my MF-104M last night, so I'm new, but I got it to midi sync right away. I'm running Abelton, with a Mopho X4 as the Midi out. I set the CC89 to above 63 in a midi clip (I'm sure you found it, but for those who don't know you have to click the small "e" in the midi clip) and ran it.

Make sure you're on sending the midi out on Midi track 1. Also you have to have the "sync" button in Abelton clicked on (yellow) for whatever midi out device you're using. You can find it in the midi preferences. I got it working fine for the first hour of lush sonic exploration, then is started to intermittently drop the midi clock and freaked out. After a hard reboot it all seemed to work again. Anyone else have a problem with the Midi Clock dropping out?

Anyway, I hope that helps!

scottingham

Post by scottingham » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:39 pm

I too have been experiencing this issue recently. It seems to happen more often if the pedal is plugged in and is turned on via a powerstrip switch. If it pull the plug and reset it it seems to be okay for a bit, but it's not as reliable as it once was.

I think there may have actually been an update to the pedal that can be done over sysex (you'd need a usb/midi converter cable)...Anybody care to confirm this, and that this issue has been addressed?

Otherwise, I can't use it live sync'd anymore until it gets fixed. :cry:

wishbone73

Post by wishbone73 » Sun May 24, 2015 1:30 pm

My issue is in this vein. I'm trying to get my Molten Voltage Tempode midi clock to control ONLY the delay time, and NOT the LFO as I rarely use modulation with my guitar. Now when I tap in a time both the LFO rate and the delay time LED's turn yellow. I want only the delay time to be affected. Can anyone tell me how to do this with a simple guitar rig? I'm not a midi guy or a synth guy so I don't know much about that stuff. I just wanted to synch my Empress Tremolo2 and my MF-104M. So I spent all this money and pulled my pedalboard apart and it looks like I'm stuck unless I can tell the MF-104M to use midi to change delay time only. No response from Moog when I emailed them. Thanks in advance for any help!

nuno

Post by nuno » Mon May 25, 2015 5:54 pm

You might want to contact Moog support.
But before that, look at installing the latest firmware, maybe :?:
from the official doc:
MF-104M FIRMWARE 1.1.3 UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS
WHAT’S NEW IN v1.1.3
• Time LED displays actual delay time regardless of modulation. This can be changed to display modulated delay time with
a MIDI CC#95.
• Tap Tempo has been adjusted for more stability and bug fixes especially when used with extreme settings of Amount Modulation.
• Modulation has been improved to better handle modulation amounts that take the TIME out of its “Legal” range. Other Modulation
bug fixes have been applied.
• Fixed problem with MIDI Time Code (MTC). MF-104 does not use MTC, it syncs to MIDI Clock messages (sometimes called MIDI Beat
Clock). MTC messages were not being properly ignored before this update.
• Improved range of LEVEL control.
• Improved Tap Tempo behavior.
• Improved handling of Feedback during Bypass switching.
• Improvements in Auto Calibration that affect knob and CV positions.
• Improvements to short long switch behavior.
• Bug fixes around modulation, especially when using MIDI, Mod-wheel and Pitch-bend.
• Bug fixes around Midi Sync behavior and clock dividers.
• Level LED range adjusted to fix always on situations.

scottnkerr

Post by scottnkerr » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:24 am

I know this post is a couple of years old, but I recently picked up a used MF-104m and had the same problem with the delay time not syncing and thought I'd share my experience. After upgrading the firmware to version 1.1.3 it started working, but then a few days later stopped again. Oddly enough the LFO rate would still sync to midi beat clock, but the delay time would not. The only way I got it working again was to reinstall the same firmware update a second time.

blankspaces

Post by blankspaces » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:10 am

I bought a MF-104M and I wanted to add a subdivision option so picked up a Disaster Area SmartClock. After a bit of trial and error I got the midi output to sync with the MF-104M (having the delay time knob at 12 o'clock took a minute to figure out :roll: ) but the subdivision options don't effect the delay at all. Any thoughts? Cheers, Daniel

Gav

Post by Gav » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:51 am

blankspaces wrote:I bought a MF-104M and I wanted to add a subdivision option so picked up a Disaster Area SmartClock. After a bit of trial and error I got the midi output to sync with the MF-104M (having the delay time knob at 12 o'clock took a minute to figure out :roll: ) but the subdivision options don't effect the delay at all. Any thoughts? Cheers, Daniel
There are specific CC messages listed in the manual revision for time divisions. Don't have it to hand, but they definitely work.