keyboard controller

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
anti

keyboard controller

Post by anti » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:07 pm

i love my my mooger units. have all except the delay of course. now my question is...........i want to get a keyboerd controller to harness the raw power of the units rather than effecting existing sounds.

is there something out there to controll them in the same way the old modular systems had a keyboard to work with? or am i barking up the wrong tree.

please respond.

godzilla

Post by godzilla » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:12 am

there are many analog synths with cv pitch out and gate out. from what i can tell the moogerfogers would accept any cv to control say the picth of the oscillator from the mf-102 which you could then run though the mf-101 and mf-103 this would give you a basic synth set up using the keyboard of another synth to change the pitch but i can't see how you would gate the signal to key on and key off, what i mean is there would be constant sound even when your fingure is not pressing any keys, you'd probably need somekind of VCA. with an ADSR envelope that accepts gate signals though i don't know of any brands that make separate VCA modules. This may be completely wrong i don't know i'm sort of guessing i haven't used moogerfoogers or infact any moog gear this is based on what i know about other synths.

good luck

sir_dss

Post by sir_dss » Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:58 pm

Moog Voyager

anti

Post by anti » Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:04 am

i found what i need. thanx.

godzilla

Post by godzilla » Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:19 am

how did you solve the problem about gating the oscillator with a keyboard?

hichakhok

Post by hichakhok » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:13 am

Actually a keyboard is a very limited way to control a modular. Try ribbons, theremins, foot pedals and modulators.