Foogers and velcro tape. Good?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Rabalder

Foogers and velcro tape. Good?

Post by Rabalder » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:16 pm

Has anyone here attached their foogers with velcrotape to a pedal board?
Do they fall of easily when raised vertically or upside down for long periods of time? (during flight, car travel, etc..)
Any tricks or other preferred methods of making them stick?

EMwhite

Re: Foogers and velcro tape. Good?

Post by EMwhite » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:15 pm

I wouldn't turn it upside down and shake it from a 9 feet step adder above concrete but if you pickup the heavy duty velcro from your local home improvement store, it will do the trick. (I even used it on the curved bottom of the MP-201 and that worked well also).

Two things:

- You should turn the bottom plate upside down that way you don't screw up the nice sticker that is on the bottom
- You'll need to get your hands on some screws that sit close to flush; obviously the rubber feet have to go
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

Rabalder

Post by Rabalder » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:48 am

Good stuff. Thanks!

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:35 am

Use LARGE patches of velcro. Surface area is your friend here. A couple of narrow strips is a recipe for failure. That said, I put a thick slab of open cell foam in the lid of my pedal board to make sure nothing moves when it is closed. And all my Foogers are in rack frames in cases. I don't use them as stomp boxes.
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."