MF-103M?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Sculptair

MF-103M?

Post by Sculptair » Sun May 05, 2013 5:55 pm

I love the sound of the 12-Stage Phaser in the demos. Any chance Moog will be making a midi version soon?
Sculptair

Headphones

Re: MF-103M?

Post by Headphones » Mon May 06, 2013 8:21 pm

I honestly don't know, but that would be so sweet. I'm guessing it would raise the price another $75-150 or so if they did unfortunately, but it would make a classic MF into an even better one if they did! :D

mico

Post by mico » Tue May 07, 2013 6:38 pm

I don't really understand people's desires to have ever MF revamped for MIDI connectivity. I've owned them all, sold what I could do without and find no need whatsoever for Moog to conform to MIDI application. I mean, we have CV control for a reason. Granted, I know most newcomers are trying to use Moog products for EDM, but I would *much* prefer seeing them release something new entirely.

June, they say. June.
Moog Sub 37 (#0133), Ibanez M80M, & Doomy Bow
MF-102 • MF-103 • MF-105m • KE Kommander • MHI B:a (Germ. w/EQ mod) • Strymon Timeline
Previous: Model D, Taurus, Taurus III, Little Phatty SE II (Solar Edition w/CV Out mod), Sub Phatty

Sculptair

Post by Sculptair » Tue May 07, 2013 6:48 pm

Midi control would allow me to call up many different presets at the tap of a button as I play guitar...with both hands. For certain passages I could still play with the knobs. I'll always have access to an expression pedal. What's EDM?
Sculptair

mico

Post by mico » Tue May 07, 2013 7:35 pm

Sculptair wrote:Midi control would allow me to call up many different presets at the tap of a button as I play guitar...with both hands. For certain passages I could still play with the knobs. I'll always have access to an expression pedal. What's EDM?
EDM = Electronic Dance Music

Unfortunately, most newcomers are adopters of the cheapest Moog offerings and tend to be those who restrict themselves to a inside-the-box (CPU based) workflow.

Now, for a MIDI pedal controller, I can understand. There is some stepping factors that come into the sonic spectrum regardless of how the MIDI implemented and the bit offered.

Nothing beats CV for me, despite the lack of digital conveniences. The sonic fluidity is unmatched.
Moog Sub 37 (#0133), Ibanez M80M, & Doomy Bow
MF-102 • MF-103 • MF-105m • KE Kommander • MHI B:a (Germ. w/EQ mod) • Strymon Timeline
Previous: Model D, Taurus, Taurus III, Little Phatty SE II (Solar Edition w/CV Out mod), Sub Phatty