Best fooger after MuRF?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Pseudonym

Best fooger after MuRF?

Post by Pseudonym » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:57 am

Hi everyone, I make electronic music and also recently splashed out on a MF105, mainly after watching this video lots and lots of times:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQomBT3JJ_I

So the Murf isn't even here and I'm already looking at another. Which fooger would you advise for this purpose? (specifically running digital sounds through to make sounds and glitches from regular sounds). I know someone selling the LPF but I already have a hardware filter unit, and the Murf is also for filtering..? The ring mod seems like a nice option for mangling. I make electronica and don't have a huge budget so the delay is out of the equation for me unfortunately.

Any help appreciated!

puzzlegob

Re: Best fooger after MuRF?

Post by puzzlegob » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:05 pm

For crazy mangling, the 108M clusterflux is hard to beat! It also has MIDI, so you can sequence a lot of cool stuff.

Alien8

Post by Alien8 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:28 pm

On a budget, Ring Mod, and some extra cables.

Sort of on a budget: MIDI Murf (but you have one!)

Not on a budget, ClusterFlux for sure!!
Vibration emanates from all things, even nothing. Using awareness to translate vibration into "music" is something that I am whole heartedly grateful for.

Pseudonym

Post by Pseudonym » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:00 pm

Ffs, now I want to find several hundred pounds for a ClusterFlux.

Realistically, i'm thinking the Ring Mod does look good for sound design, at quite low cost too. Did see a Freqbox going cheap but i have no CV gear to keep it in tune etc - seems quite a specific pedal.

Portamental

Post by Portamental » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:44 am

For making sounds, the MF-108 is quite interesting, but the new MF104M analog delay with spillover is simply amazing. Check the Sweetwater video somewhere on this forum and see if you can use it's possibilities..

LivePsy

Post by LivePsy » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:32 am

Not much high end in the delay of the 104, just understand what it does before splashing out.

My suggestion is the phaser 103. I know, I know, a phaser sounds like a phaser. But when you can freeze the freq and choose the phase or inverse phase output, it is an eq and stereo widening tool. It works with the murf very well.

B
I've stopped talking now.

Stuka

Post by Stuka » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:02 pm

FWIW -
I'm using the MF-104 delay (AWESOME, but $$$!) and the MF-102 Ring Modulator (CRAZY sound "realignment" possibilites!) along with my MF-105M MuRF. GREAT combination with my Minitaur, and should be awesome with the Sub Phatty when it arrives! 8)

If you have two separate mixer inputs you can spare for your Foogers, the MuRF is great to use as the LAST effect in the chain.
Send the MuRF Left and Right outputs to separate mixer channels, and hard pan them left and right respectively.
AWESOME stereo motion & separation effects are possible!!

If you do this, you'll always want to leave th MuRF "on" (not bypassed) in your effects chain so the audio will route to both channels. If needed, you can select Pattern # 1 on the MuRF to keep the audio routed to both channels, without any of the MuRF signal processing.

Good stuff!! :D

Randy
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...