Midi Murf TAP/Step issues with footswitch

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
guitoffee

Midi Murf TAP/Step issues with footswitch

Post by guitoffee » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:55 pm

I was just curious, do you MURF owners have to unplug and replug your TRS cable after power up to get these tap tempo & Step to work? With my Murf, I can't get it to work with a tap tempo footswitch unless I plug my TRS cable post power up. If I leave it in and power up, it won't work.... Also, I notice if I bypass the pedal and then make it active I have to replug the TRS cable again to have external control. Thoughts?

Alien8

Re: Midi Murf TAP/Step issues with footswitch

Post by Alien8 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:47 pm

I noticed issues like this at my last jam, where it wasn't responding as you have indicated. I didn't think too much about it at the time, but now that you mention it I do have these same issues.

To be clear I have a MIDI MuRF with the latest firmware.
Vibration emanates from all things, even nothing. Using awareness to translate vibration into "music" is something that I am whole heartedly grateful for.

electronicpoison

Post by electronicpoison » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:05 pm

Hello
Do you try the Muf Pattern step Adapter ?

HaloHalo0407

Post by HaloHalo0407 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:01 am

Ya, I had encountered the same problem like you. Have to pull out the TRS cable from the tap socket after powering Murf up, then replug into. If not, the rate light on murf would stay red and couldn't be tapped. And after toggle off the murf, I have to re-power up the murf and repeat replug it again.

I had checked the tap tempo switch (normally closed), works great and it's brand new, the TRS cable is in great condition.

Any suggestion and probability would be appreciated, thanks guys.

[UPDATE]
I'm using Throne Room Tiny tap tempo switch
(normally Closed)
http://throneroompedals.com/product/tiny-tap-tempo/

Alien8

Post by Alien8 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:31 am

I played more with my MuRF, and have more to add to this "issue".

To clearly define what is happening from my perspective; when the Tap footswitch (using Moog FS-1) is plugged into the unit and powered on, the foot switch does not respond. When you remove the plug from the Tap / Step input and re-insert it the footswitch begins to work again. Now further to this, I also found that when you change patterns using the pattern knob or the bass / mids switch the footswitch also goes into the no response state. When you change the rate and then re-use the footswitch, all seems fine.

I'm guessing, but haven't tried using midi start / stop to see if this also occurs. I'm guessing the software resets the tap / step when either a pattern reset / start command is executed. Just a guess tho.

I also haven't tried to send the midi command cc108 for advancing the step as of yet (but will soon) to see if the same behaviour occurs.
Vibration emanates from all things, even nothing. Using awareness to translate vibration into "music" is something that I am whole heartedly grateful for.