107m

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
louis

107m

Post by louis » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:43 am

I'd like to propose for a new Freqbox. What features would you like to see? Obviously midi control, but what else?

I would like to think that each moogerfooger would eventually be re-released with Midi, but that is just my assumption. I think its the logial one though

_DemonDan_

Re: 107m

Post by _DemonDan_ » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:53 am

I've previously posted some cool things you could do with an MF-107M:

http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.ph ... ilit=+freq

But, aside from MIDI, I'd love to have an AMP ENV IN jack that allows you to
bypass the internal ENV follower from changing the amplitude of the Osc and,
instead, track an external signal going into the AMP ENV IN.

This would allow you to create tremolo with an external LFO. or make your
sound pulse along with a drum machine's output, or to do things I can't
even think of at the moment.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

dr_floyd

Post by dr_floyd » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:03 pm

Excellent thread.
When the Freqbox was first released I inquired to Moog about a VCA CV in mod so that the sync could be handled separately from amplitude, making it a modular VCO/VCA to go with the MF101 VCF. Moog said it was a do-able mod but I never followed up.

Does anyone want this information if I manage to get schematics from Moog? I hope it's like the old days when Moog would scrawl on a photocopy and use pink and green highlighters to show the mods.

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:45 pm

I think this would be great but with a few changes that would make closer to a full blown oscillator:
Please extend the range of the Osc beyond it's current limits.
Add an Octave switch
Wave out.

I have to admit though that I wouldn't be a proponent of all of the foogers having midi integration.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

shortsleeves

Post by shortsleeves » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:36 am

I don't care much for midi. I'd rather have a VCA built in.

Cheers,
Lukasz
My SoundCloud: http://soundcloud.com/shortsleeves. Enjoy, and leave a comment!

Croyote

Post by Croyote » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:52 am

What I like about the Midi pedals, is that MM not only offers more options for the midi users, but also for ANALOG musicians like me.

I don't think this would be a good idea yet for MM. I have a sense that the 107 is not as wildly popular as the MURF. MIDI may enhance certain aspects of this pedal.

Along with many others, the 107 is the only pedal I have struggled to find a place for whenever I've had it. The Freqbox did revolutionize the VCO, and make it more musical. I would argue that not many musicians have come to really embrace VCO's, and while I've had my torrid affairs with them (107 and KV-100) . . . we are rarely repeat lovers.

I think the next MIDI pedal should be the Ring Modulator: MF-102M

. . . or the CP-251 w/ expanded waveshaping tap-tempo, etc.

Anyway guys, sorry to be so contrarian. Continue.

ZenHead

Post by ZenHead » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:58 pm

I agree with Croyote. If Moog was to make another midi pedal the best would be the ring mod. I would like to be able to lock the LFO to a tempo, that would greatly help with what I do. It's too bad the MP-201 is going away. I think the 201 is the link to bringing midi to the freq box. I'm hoping Moog will replace it with something else; a midi/VC distributor moogerfooger. Hey, that does sound like a CP-251 with midi.

If I could have Moog make any device...I would want a Roland 13 pin midi guitar configuration that converted Midi to CV's. I'm hoping since Moog puts 13 pin connection on their guitar they might consider making such a device in the future. To louis' question/proposal, that's how I would like to control the freq box with midi.