105 MIDI sync

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
medioluis

105 MIDI sync

Post by medioluis » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:52 am

Hi everybody!

I´ve been using MIDI Murf 105 for the last months and it´s great!!! I love it!!...

The problem is that I can´t sync it to my MPC 500, I´d like to have the MPC as the master and Murf as slave, It´s the first time I´m working with MIDI, I´ve tried before with a MicroKORG and it seems to master the MURF ok, but I can´t do it with the MPC, has anybody done? any advice?

Thanks and greetings!

woodington

Re: 105 MIDI sync

Post by woodington » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:13 pm

It should work, you just need to make sure the MPC 500 is set up to transmit MIDI clock to the MIDI out port, and make sure the MPC is transmitting on the same MIDI chanell that the MF-105 is receiving on.

You'll need to check the manuals for both devices to get the full run down on how to set things up correctly.

Page 59 of the MPC manual should help -

http://www.akaipro.com/stuff/contentmgr ... l_revc.pdf

MIDI Murf manual -

http://www.moogmusic.com/products/mooge ... nloads-tab

hope you get up and running!

medioluis

Post by medioluis » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:02 am

Hey the whole thing is working now!

I think it was just that I wasn´t unplugging MuRF after beginning to send clock...

Thanks!

sir_wj

Post by sir_wj » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:45 pm

Hello,

I am having MIDI sync issues with my MIDI Murf and MPC 1000.

My setup involves the MPC being the master for several devices including the 105m, and for some reason whenever I start a sequence on the MPC the other devices start up but the 105m does nothing and the Rate indicator goes from a flashing red light to nothing at all. I have triple checked the MIDI channel and clock out setting on the MPC as well as different values of CC #89 in the sequence step editor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

-wrj

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:27 pm

I'm not sure what NO flashing light means (never saw that) but yellow is what you are after. Green is the step in/red is the internal clock and yellow is Midi.

Perhaps you sent (your MPC sent) a start clock command but Midi clock is getting filtered or not sent? It's an Omni mode message (goes to all channels) but that doesn't mean that it isn't being sent or filtered. Many devices, especially complex pieces of equipment with menu after menu have discreet control over each type of Midi commands (clock is one, MMC is another, etc).

If you have a Midi probe or a piece of software on your computer that you can connect up to MPC with nothing else in the picture, that would be good. Is the RATE knob all the way CCW (four whole notes per clock cycle) or do you have any CV plugged into the RATE input that might be changing the panel value?
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!