Made using 105M, 107, and 108M with cp-251

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
mattywashington

Made using 105M, 107, and 108M with cp-251

Post by mattywashington » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:14 pm

Everyone is always sharing what they made with their foogers, so I thought I'd share as well...heavily used the 108 and 105, and used the 107 mainly for the bass and other distortion....this has only fueled my intensity to get more foogers....onto the rest of them now.

DNA:\ - Aero Vegas(B.Webb Remix)
http://listn.to/OneLungRecords/player

Webb

artpunk

Re: Made using 105M, 107, and 108M with cp-251

Post by artpunk » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:48 am

I like this, thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed 'system' too, for some reason it made me feel young again! 8) Can you explain your set-up a bit more, what hardware/software do you create with besides the foogers (if you don't mind me asking)?
I hope you can share more stuff... And yes, using foogers is like a drug, it makes you want more! :D
Cheers,
Cameron

"Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is THE BEST."
— Frank Zappa

mattywashington

Post by mattywashington » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:40 pm

Thanks for the awesome feedback! I'll definitely be posting more as I get to know the foogers more and more. Here's a pic of my setup...I'm in the middle of getting room treatment from realtraps so it's all going to be rearranged...but my DAW of choice is logic pro and interface is an ensemble with ada-8000 for extra ins, and an me-1nv for a preamp...using an old utralite for both MIDI and running expert sleepers silent way through a mod'd cable to get some sync'd effects for CV. Synths are virus TI, microkorg, DSI tetr4, and an sq-80. Plug ins are way too many to go into...but a lot of the usual suspects for electronic music, and some sleepers as well...running out of space though on this console, any suggestions on a more efficient one? Thanks again for taking the time to listen and give feedback...you're the first person ever I've gotten a response from on an online forum...ha

Webb

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:31 pm

I love the song! You're missing a Little Phatty in your studio, though. :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

mattywashington

Post by mattywashington » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:35 pm

Ha, so true...I was going to get the voyager studio bundle from novamusik, but have to get my room treated first :( so I think the phatty route will be happening before the voyager. Thanks for taking a listen!

SSquirrel

Post by SSquirrel » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:24 am

mattywashington wrote:Ha, so true...I was going to get the voyager studio bundle from novamusik, but have to get my room treated first :( so I think the phatty route will be happening before the voyager. Thanks for taking a listen!

That Voyager studio deal from Novamusik is pretty nuts, especially if you don't already have those Moogerfoogers. I already have 1 Freqbox, but a 2nd would be fine heh. The most obvious change I could see would be stacking the 2 bigger keyboards in a dual keyboard rack, maybe one that allows you to add rackspace down below and a laptop stand atatchment as well. Free up a smidge of deskspace that way. You could rack the 3 Moogerfoogers that way, unless that defeats the tweakability.

There's an old man at one of the weekly flea markets here in Louisville who does custom furniture and my wife says he does great work. I've thought that if I pick up several more Foogers over the next year, maybe have him build something that would let me screw them in the rack, then slide them into a wood rig that lets me have easy desktop access to a double row of Foogers. Something similar for a 251 and 351. I kind of envision it would look sort of like the wood desktop setup for the Slim Phatty. I've often wondered if anyone makes a table based extra keyboard tier. So you could say, slide it under the Virus and put the Microkorg on top of it. I know in your current setup that would block the rackspace you have built in, but it's just something I could see a use for and never see advertised anywhere.

Just some thoughts. Good luck w/the setup. Mine is much smaller (and some of it is still unreleased heh), but I have plans and schemes :)

n2design

Post by n2design » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:35 pm

Track sounds great!

For racking the moogers, I suggest getting a rack like the one i got. It tilts back as it gets past the 6th rack spot. It sits at the same level as my desk so its really ergonomic. I like tweaking the knobs live, but I also do alot with cc. This works well for both

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:58 pm

n2design wrote:Track sounds great!

For racking the moogers, I suggest getting a rack like the one i got. It tilts back as it gets past the 6th rack spot. It sits at the same level as my desk so its really ergonomic. I like tweaking the knobs live, but I also do alot with cc. This works well for both
One wrong move, and the mahogany/jade Voyager looks like it could fall out the window! :shock: How far up are you?
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

mattywashington

Post by mattywashington » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:59 pm

Squirrel, that's some real good advice for rearranging, thanks! I'll probably PM you later to get some more ideas off ya.

n2design, your setup looks friggin awesome!! I really like the height of the rack you have the foogers in...what rack is that? Your setup design is in the direction of what I'm looking to do actually, do you have any more pics of your room? And thanks for taking a listen to the track!

n2design

Post by n2design » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:51 pm

Code: Select all

One wrong move, and the mahogany/jade Voyager looks like it could fall out the window! :shock: How far up are you?
haha, that would be one hell of a wrong move there, -Im on the 33rd floor.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:13 pm

I don't like heights. Voyagers don't either... :shock:

n2design

Post by n2design » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:18 pm

I really like the height of the rack you have the foogers in...what rack is that?
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ER12/8

Raxxess ER-12/8 (Black 12U over 8U)

It's built with great wood, none of that ikea crap.

I dont have any other pics at the moment, but this is pretty much my setup. On the right I have a couple towers with a widescreen dual monitor setup, and on the left I have various guitars, basses. With a few ethnic instruments, esraj, kitara, and a mandolin. I think I have a pretty well rounded setup sonically esp when you factor in Kontakt sample libraries. The only thing I'm thinking about getting now is maybe a virus rack-mount, depending if I preview one it and it beats out my vst collection. Still on the fence there, as omisphere and nexus are pretty dang good.

Im also wanting to get 3 more rack mount voyagers so i can play up to 4 voices at once( that will be a very long work in progress obv, unless I win the lotto ). I WOULD LOVE A JUPITER 8 BIG TIME!!!, but I am running out of room, and Im also no good with soldering etc. I can build a pc from scratch but I would be oblivious trying to repair a synthesizer. I really admire folks that can do that.

n2design

Post by n2design » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:23 pm

Voltor07 wrote:I don't like heights. Voyagers don't either... :shock:
I wasn't a huge fan of heights either to be honest but I get some really gorgeous views of the Chicago skyline, with the lake , the loop, and the river its pretty sick.. After a month or so I had 0 anxiety being up so high. I got a balcony and I go out on it all the time, doesn't feel weird at all. Prob helped that my place is all windows, so I was constantly confronting it.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:21 pm

That IS a great view of the city...but, I'd be scared of having my gear so close to the window if I was that high up.

n2design

Post by n2design » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:31 pm

That IS a great view of the city...but, I'd be scared of having my gear so close to the window if I was that high up.
Hahah I hear ya bro,

The only thing I really have to fear is intoxication, believe it or not..... high end gear is like a cop. Once you see it, you straighten up the best you can......!! Me or my gear dont plan on anything crazy anytime soon, but u never know.... The universe loves a headline