your favourite carrier/setting for your ring modulator

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
al_shabbray

your favourite carrier/setting for your ring modulator

Post by al_shabbray » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:37 pm

hi, like you maybe read, Ive got my ring mod for a few days and I am still surprised what different kinds of sounds you can create with it (I use it mainly with my fender mustang) but I havent experimentet with extern carrier signals. I got not much money to spend, because I am a student and have to think twice about what to buy.

so there is the point, could you tell me which are the best things you could use as the carrier for you mf-102. I hope you could tell me some really weird (and hopefully not much expensive) examples. maybe you can tell me your favourite settings for your ring mod.

lets exchange some information.

Alex

Jebus0000

Post by Jebus0000 » Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:20 pm

try plugging in the headphone jack of your discman(while playing a cd) into the carrier in jack. Fun fun fun, especially if the cd player is playing something with lots of rhythm.

al_shabbray

mistakes

Post by al_shabbray » Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:25 am

can I make some mistakes about that. I mean what shouldnt I plugg into my moogerfooger, which Volts are too much? or is anything with the 1/4 phone jack automatically compareable to the moogerfooger?

(btw when I plugg in another carrier, can I modulate the carrier with the frequency knob or is this knob JUST for the carrier oscillator?)

Impossible Sound

Post by Impossible Sound » Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:26 pm

The voltage range is ±5V, which is higher than most audio outputs. Higher voltages shouldn't be an issue, within reason - I've sent up to +10V from other modular gear, but I wouldn't go plugging a wall socket into your 'Fooger!